About to purchase a Jazzmaster HS

Hi all,

I've been scouring the 'net for an affordable Jag/Jazz for a while now and have finally settled on the idea of a Blacktop Jazzmaster HS - I've had a Squier Jagmaster for a while now (which I truly, dearly love - shockingly good for the price!) and have had a play on several vintage Jazzmasters - I think I've found the build for me in the HS but wanted to get some experienced opinions and background on the differences. I've already been in discussion with an expert on the matter that says this is the way to go at the budget I'm on, but I'm now looking for a few more perspectives.

First out, I love the pickup selection that's been made here - for the sort of thing I'm doing, the humbucker and the single coil are going to give me the versatility I need and of course, the bridge and trem set up are looking fantastic to me - it might take me a while to adjust to a floating trem, but for the price, this seems a no-brainer - I can pick one up for £455, which is stupidly reasonable.

Has anyone had any bad experiences with this model? I don't think there's a lot that's going to sway my decision at this point, but I'd just like to hear from others, really.

Oh and if you don't have any horror stories on the HS to share, please feel free to tell me just how awesome it is!

Thanks guys,

c.

Whatever happens I think the good people here at Jag-Stang wish you the best and are here to help if you need it :-D

Thanks Lefty! I'm planning on doing some customisation on my Jagmaster once I've got this beauty on the rack, so I may well be asking a lot of really dumb questions in the near future.

Thanks Lefty! I'm planning on doing some customisation on my Jagmaster once I've got this beauty on the rack, so I may well be asking a lot of really dumb questions in the near future.

I've never even done any customizations, so I'm no one to judge :lol: But most people here are realy friendly and helpful, but I suggest checking out the FAQ or search you questions before your post them, people here get annoyed with repetitively asked questions. But this is definatley the right place to be for your Questions on Jagmasters, Mustangs, or pretty much anything Fender or Squier, and other brands and guitars too, people here are pretty guitar smart across the board! :-D

• 2 weeks later...

So... I got my Blacktop Jazz HS yesterday and I have to say, this is a fantastic guitar. Just beautiful tones - also picked up a Frontman 212r to run it through and my god, it's just all sounding fantastic. Best purchase I've ever made, and all at stupidly reasonable prices.

If anyone is considering the HS as next purchase... DO IT!

So... I got my Blacktop Jazz HS yesterday and I have to say, this is a fantastic guitar. Just beautiful tones - also picked up a Frontman 212r to run it through and my god, it's just all sounding fantastic. Best purchase I've ever made, and all at stupidly reasonable prices.

If anyone is considering the HS as next purchase... DO IT!

Good to know, if i end up selling my stang i am going to buy one.