Gorgeous choices, can't decide.

Which Jag should I get? :)  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which Fender Jaguar should I purchase?

• Jaguar Blacktop HH Special Edition for $599
    • Jaguar Classic Players HH for $549

I finally sold all of my old equipment since my purchase of a new Line 6 Spider IV 120w (highly recommended amp, awesome)

and I have saved up my money like a good boy and I'm ready to purchase the Jaguar I've been wanting. I am up in the air about

which Jag to get and would love for your opinions on which is purdier. :)

Up first is the 2010 Fender Jaguar Blacktop HH Special Edition... This is on my list due to the price, as you can see it is new

on the wall at Guitar Center, and even though the MSRP on this thing is $1,099 and it is on the GC website for $799, they are

only asking $599 tag price. I don't know if they mis-labled this with the non-Special Edition price or what, either way I'm not

arguing. If I decide on this one, I would like to change the pickguard to a tort, and throw a DiMarz Super Distortion in the bridge

and a 37th Ann. PAF vintage in the neck. Beautiful guitar, I'm not big on the black headstock but at least it is unique to this model.

iqbl1f.jpg

Second up is this used 2009 Fender Classic Players HH in Sunburst... the asking price on this one from Guitar Center is $549. It particularly

stood out to be because I love the Sunburst color, and I've never owned a Sunburst guitar. And the tort pickguard works well with the color

scheme. It also has the blonde headstock that I was looking for. A down for some is it's used but that means #### to me, after all, the "NEW"

guitars on the wall at GC could have been played by countless people, you just never know. I would most likely go with the same humbucker replacement

combo for this, the 37th Ann. PAF vintage and the Super Distortion.

11rsksh.jpg

Overall, I am completely up in the air and not leaning any particular way, what do you guys think??

I voted for the second Jaguar.

I don't really like the pickups in the first one (even though you said you planned on changing them anyway) or the color.

It seems like everyone has a black jaguar these days.

The second one though is beautiful I love the sunburst and the tort pickguard goes with it really nice. I also think the dimarzio humbucker you want to put in it would sound great and despite being used this guitar is a little cheaper so thats a plus too.

I voted for the second Jaguar.

I don't really like the pickups in the first one (even though you said you planned on changing them anyway) or the color.

It seems like everyone has a black jaguar these days.

The second one though is beautiful I love the sunburst and the tort pickguard goes with it really nice. I also think the dimarzio humbucker you want to put in it would sound great and despite being used this guitar is a little cheaper so thats a plus too.

Yeah I agree with everything you've said.

The pickups in the Special Edition Blacktop, well, I'm not too big on covered humbucker look on a Jaguar.

The sunburst & tort pickguard really do go well together. In this day in age, used or not, cheaper is better.

Also, like I had mentioned, Guitar Center's "new" guitars are on the wall to be played by anyone and everyone

all day long. Thus, the one you decide on could be used as well. You never know.

I'm voting for the Black top one just because it doesn't have a trem. I know most people would disagree with me about this, but I just think that a trem is pointless since I don't use it.

You already said that you plan on changing the pickups so it really comes down to what you like better. If you use trems and want a more traditional looking jaguar then go for the CP, but if you're like me and you don't use trems then the one with the TOM would be better.

I'm voting for the Black top one just because it doesn't have a trem. I know most people would disagree with me about this, but I just think that a trem is pointless since I don't use it.

You already said that you plan on changing the pickups so it really comes down to what you like better. If you use trems and want a more traditional looking jaguar then go for the CP, but if you're like me and you don't use trems then the one with the TOM would be better.

Thanks for your opionion irish. No one can disagree with your opinion :)

I do plan on changing the pickups either way. I'm not too big of a fan on

those covered buckers on the Blacktop, but all around it is a sharp looking guitar.

Like I said I'd probably go open Creme Super Dist in the bridge and open Creme PAF 37th Ann. in the neck.

Also a tort pickguard, and I want Mustang knobs not those chrome metal ones. I like the classic Mustang

ones on my Jag-Stang alot.

Biggest issue I see here is... do you want the floating trem or not?

Blacktop Jag has NO trem at all - if you're planning on building one in, all good, but if not and you want a trem, your decision is pretty much already made by the Classic Player.

The lack of trem on the Blacktop Jag was what led me to the HS Jazzmasters - plus that pick up configuration, Single at the front, Hummer at the back, really sold me. They look custom right out of the box.

FYI the first one isn't a Blacktop, it's just a Japanese HH, so it's priced pretty much correctly.

Get the second one. Way more versatile instrument.

Thank you everyone for your opinions and good points of info. One of the main things that was constantly bothering

me about the Black Jaguar Special was I was looking at it thinking it's missing something that a Jaguar has. I think

I do want one with the trem.

My apologies to the person who pointed out the top one isn't a Blacktop Jag. You are correct, it is just a Special Edition

HH Jaguar. A real Blacktop has no top controls and a three-way toggle switch instead of vintage bottom controls. Thanks for

the info, I learneded something. :D

Thank you everyone for your opinions and good points of info. One of the main things that was constantly bothering

me about the Black Jaguar Special was I was looking at it thinking it's missing something that a Jaguar has. I think

I do want one with the trem.

My apologies to the person who pointed out the top one isn't a Blacktop Jag. You are correct, it is just a Special Edition

HH Jaguar. A real Blacktop has no top controls and a three-way toggle switch instead of vintage bottom controls. Thanks for

the info, I learneded something. :D

No apologies necessary, was merely pointing it out.