What would you get?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the best option.

• XV-JT90 SOLID ASH maple Fingerboard GFS Pickups Sunburst
    • XV-JT60 Twin Humbuckers Vintage Sunburst Alder Body
    • SX Liquid RN 3P90 Stop 3TS
    • SX Liquid MN H Stop VWH

Option one link:

http://www.guitarfetish.com/XV-JT90-SOLID-ASH-maple-Fingerboard-GFS-Pickups-Sunburst_p_1117.html

Option two link:

http://www.guitarfetish.com/XV-JT60-Twin-Humbuckers-Vintage-Sunburst-Alder-Body_p_1108.html

Option three link:

http://www.rondomusic.com/liquidf3p90hstop3ts.html

Option four link:

http://www.rondomusic.com/liquidmnhstopvwh.html

I kind of like the idea of getting one with a humbucker to drop a super distortion in, but I also don't have any guitars at the moment with p90's so that is also appealing. I think all four have a really cool look to them. I have an Agile LP copy that I love, so I know their quality isn't bad for the price. Never tried Xaviere before, but people seem to think they are good.

Thoughts? It will be a bit before the refund comes in, so I have time to look.

Oh rock/metal/punk sounds are what I tend to like.

I voted Jt90 because it's the one i was thinking of buying for like 2 or 3 days (but in black) *o*

It looks like a really cool guitar for the price.

Yeah the bridge pup sounds a bit crappy from the demos and I've read a few reviews about how you need to duck tape everything once you screwed

and unscrewed your pickguard and control plate a few times, but I guess it's okay for this price.

(I'm buying the EHX 2880 since I really want it for months and I don't really need a new guitar... )

I voted Jt90 because it's the one i was thinking of buying for like 2 or 3 days (but in black) *o*

It looks like a really cool guitar for the price.

Yeah the bridge pup sounds a bit crappy from the demos and I've read a few reviews about how you need to duck tape everything once you screwed

and unscrewed your pickguard and control plate a few times, but I guess it's okay for this price.

(I'm buying the EHX 2880 since I really want it for months and I don't really need a new guitar... )

Well there is always wood filler if your screws strip. I had to do that with my jag-stang on one of the control plates. Those little screws strip out pretty easy it seems.

Option one seems to be winning. (By a huge three votes LOL.) I am curious why the three who voted it picked that one out of the group. Is it the body wood? The company? The hardwear? Thoughts?

I voted for the first one for two reasons A) it's the least ugly B)it would be more versitile (imo with the single coil).

I voted for the first one for two reasons A) it's the least ugly B)it would be more versitile (imo with the single coil).

I have been reading forums comparing the two (SX and Xaviere). Some threads everyone loves the SX and others are loving Xaviere. Todays reading has offered some things:

Xaviere supposidly has better electronics, but not as good body and neck?

SX seems to have good bodies and necks, but crap electronics. I guess people buy them and drop in new pickups and pots.

I haven't ever played with either, so I have no experience other than the Agile I have that is awesome. The Agile is a higher end Rondo compared to the SX, so it is hard to say.

I do agree that all are sort of ugly, but to me they are like a bulldog. Ugly, but kind of fun and cool too. I kind of like the funny looking guitars. :)

Leaning towards Xaviere because the necks are compatible with Fender ones in case I end up wanting a new one. I am seeing better things about alder vs ash. I read asian import ash is pure fail, but alder is more consistent?

Update: I guess I should have put a none of the above option because I ended up getting this.

5406206629_81d479836e.jpg

DSCF9607 by Hentai No Baka, on Flickr

I plan on putting a real JB in the bridge and my Jagstang neck pickup in it. Also need to get a new tone pot, knob, and switches.... and find some place that will do my custom pickguard since it sounds like Warmoth's don't fit the MIJ '65 RI...

Checked pickguardheaven and they have pickguards. I just need to see if they can add the humbucker route to it.