Fun With Feedback

I was playing with my new (used) DS-2 and my other distortion pedals and came across an interesting combo. That one and my MD-2 sound kind of interesting with the Rat 2 before it. It makes the distortion less level and adds a lot of cool noise and feedback. I like it so I recorded it to post here with my pedal settings in case anyone else digs it.

• 2 months later...

Sounds like Sparks from The Who at woodstock

It was totally fun. I kind of want to get an echo or loop pedal and try doing something with feedback on top of the loop. Sort of punk clashing with Pink Floyd's wall of sound. I would call it the wall of NOISE. :)

• 2 months later...

I got some unusual sounds from this chain: takamine acoustic electric->rat->big muff->boss deluxe reverb->dod flanger->mesa

It was feeding back with some texture.

I wonder how a chorus would impact that sound. :) Might be cool.

I wonder how a chorus would impact that sound. :) Might be cool.

I'm trying to post it but i can't get it to work. I might have to make it a youtube video. It's the song i was talking about in the lyric thread. I'm going to figure it out. I couldn't get the lyrics to work but i'm too emotionally invested in the music now. I did all the instruments. I think you'll be surprised at how good the guitars tracked. Everyone says you can't play an acoustic/electric through the hot side of the mesa with all those effects. I think it worked great. ftw

I'm trying to post it but i can't get it to work. I might have to make it a youtube video. It's the song i was talking about in the lyric thread. I'm going to figure it out. I couldn't get the lyrics to work but i'm too emotionally invested in the music now. I did all the instruments. I think you'll be surprised at how good the guitars tracked. Everyone says you can't play an acoustic/electric through the hot side of the mesa with all those effects. I think it worked great. ftw

I think i switched the flanger for small clone back and forth. I'm converting it so i can make a video and upload it. I was testing it and i have to put pictures so i let it randomly pick pics and there is a few with my friend Julian. He has some awesome equipment. He is a musician full time so he needs good stuff. There is a pic with a old univox or harmony that he plays slide with sometimes. There is also a pic of his kelly tele. Rick kelly in new york builds them one at a time. He met them on tour and ordered one and it is amazing. It weighs nothing and plays like a dream. He also has a hand wired ac -30 that a guy up north builds. You can barely see it in the pictures. I asked him the name again and i'm waiting for him to answer. I'm so jealous of his rig.

My friend Julians amp is a valvetech hayseed 30. The guys name is Rob. I had never heard of it but they sound so killer. Here's the song i was talking about earlier. Feel free to speak your mind. I'm the only one on it so you won't hurt anyone's feelings. The piano, organ, drums, and guitar were all easy. The bass parts killed me. Man, i thought bass was easy. I can't always remember what i played on guitar so it gets tough. My wife helped with the arrangement. I try and try again. Anyways...

-

My friend Julians amp is a valvetech hayseed 30. The guys name is Rob. I had never heard of it but they sound so killer. Here's the song i was talking about earlier. Feel free to speak your mind. I'm the only one on it so you won't hurt anyone's feelings. The piano, organ, drums, and guitar were all easy. The bass parts killed me. Man, i thought bass was easy. I can't always remember what i played on guitar so it gets tough. My wife helped with the arrangement. I try and try again. Anyways...

-

Has a sound kind of like a video game to me. :) Digital. Maybe try it with a metro to help keep the beat more constant. I like the guitar effects. :D There are some parts where the beat gets lost are my only comments for improvement. :)

Has a sound kind of like a video game to me. :) Digital. Maybe try it with a metro to help keep the beat more constant. I like the guitar effects. :D There are some parts where the beat gets lost are my only comments for improvement. :)

I couldn't agree more. There are some spots that were supposed to have vocals so i left it open, but the lyrics didn't work. Thank you. I'll take constructive criticism over silence any day of the week. I was listening to the doors a lot. I felt from day 1 that the beat and the bass just vanishes at times. The bass is gone the whole last minute and a half. If the lyrics would have worked i have a bass player and singer waiting. They like the lyrics, just not the music so much for this. Now i have to wait until one gets out of the studio to help me and the other comes off the road. I'm in a holding pattern. It's all good because i have patience and i can keep working on this one and a couple more. Thanks again for taking time to listen.

I couldn't agree more. There are some spots that were supposed to have vocals so i left it open, but the lyrics didn't work. Thank you. I'll take constructive criticism over silence any day of the week. I was listening to the doors a lot. I felt from day 1 that the beat and the bass just vanishes at times. The bass is gone the whole last minute and a half. If the lyrics would have worked i have a bass player and singer waiting. They like the lyrics, just not the music so much for this. Now i have to wait until one gets out of the studio to help me and the other comes off the road. I'm in a holding pattern. It's all good because i have patience and i can keep working on this one and a couple more. Thanks again for taking time to listen.

Not a problem. :) fun to listen to new stuff.