Warmoth Jazzy project.

Well, I picked this guy up and it was oil stained flat brown. I had plans for a sonic blue finish but two paint shops declined as they thought paint would have a difficult sticking.

My favorite color being green I decided to look into finishes that would not be an issue. I found this green stain and got a pretty cool translucent finish.

Not until I was halfway through did I realize this was looking a lot like Thurston’s sig.

Here it is without any clear. I am going for a satin finish.

I also hit the headstock with nitro.

greenjazzmaster.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

nitroheadstock.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Like 1

Thanks all!

Yeah, the voodoo is slaved to the mesa, it’s kind of ridiculously loud but a ton of fun.

I have a good bit of stuff. Maybe I can start a thread somewhere called “Frank’s Crap” or something.

I took the tuning pegs off but the grommets were stuck, I had to nitro over them so simple block sanding is out.

It will be a pain in the ass when I do it in a couple months.

I have a tone Pot but got lazy at the end so I’ll throw that in next time I change the strings.

• Like 1

Thanks all!

Yeah, the voodoo is slaved to the mesa, it’s kind of ridiculously loud but a ton of fun.

I have a good bit of stuff. Maybe I can start a thread somewhere called “Frank’s Crap” or something.

I took the tuning pegs off but the grommets were stuck, I had to nitro over them so simple block sanding is out.

It will be a pain in the ass when I do it in a couple months.

I have a tone Pot but got lazy at the end so I’ll throw that in next time I change the strings.

I need to find someone awesome with electronics to service my GK 300g. It is all rail electronics. I think it needs some work on the pots and maybe some wiring check. I am getting some crackle with knobs and some occasional feedback squeels.

Here's a pic of the Rig.

Mesa Roaster going to a Crate Voodoo. Small cab has I believe cheap celestions ant the big cab has Vintage 30's.

Pedal board has a Turbo Distortion, G4 big muff, hyper fuzz,Boss fdr-1, morley Wah, electric mistress, memory man, phase 90, Dyna Comp.

rigmesacrate.png

great rig man....

• 3 months later...