punkacc9

I'm starting my new mustang project

Ok so I just traced one of my jag-stangs and my mustang and then clashed them together meaning it's a mustang body with a super offset butt like the jag-stang. I edited a picture a long time ago and it's on this site somewhere but anyway I will have pictures of the template soon and my progress thru it. Thanks :)

Ok so I just traced one of my jag-stangs and my mustang and then clashed them together meaning it's a mustang body with a super offset butt like the jag-stang. I edited a picture a long time ago and it's on this site somewhere but anyway I will have pictures of the template soon and my progress thru it. Thanks :)

So basically it is a jagstang with two singles or am I missing something?

So basically it is a jagstang with two singles or am I missing something?

nope. its gonna have mustang horns, a humbucker, a single coil and a toggle with a jagstang butt

6212834016_7f3125f60d.jpg

mustang + jag-stang = by punkacc9, on Flickr

Update!

I took and traced my 69 reissue mustang and my first issue jag-stang then stacked the drawings on top of each other. Then i morphed them together and traced it.

6212322915_41614f3c04.jpg

template by punkacc9, on Flickr

I just had a custom pickguard made for me for it. Black/White/Black with a humbucker rout in the bridge and a single coil in the neck. I decided not to have any phase switch routs in it because im gonna drill a toggle in the lower horn like a duosonic.

Pickguard! by punkacc9, on Flickr

The neck I'm going with is a a Jaguar neck off of one of the brand new Squiers. I gt it on ebay for $100.00 brand new and its 24 inch so i thought.. Hey, it's cheap. Why not? Maybe I'll replace it with a Fender neck later down the road.

What do you guys think about for color? I was thinking Grafitti Yellow with black comp stripes. The pickups will be a seymour duncan JB and a Fender reissue mustang in the neck, both black.

I have all the parts now but not the body. I'm having a company in CO build me the body with my template and their American mustang template. I sent out the template to them today so I just got to wait on that. I decided to go with alder wood and a 1 3/4 inch body thickness like the jag-stang. I figured that it would look a bit weird thinner because of it being larger like the jag-stang.

Heres a mock up of it with the parts..

6212832940_f349a3ab8d.jpg

mck up 2 by punkacc9, on Flickr

6212321383_896b853c17.jpg

template with parts (mock up) by punkacc9, on Flickr

Here's the image i photoshopped of one when i first came up with the idea.

6212318537_1e35cd3edc.jpg

Mustang Off by punkacc9, on Flickr

awesome idea. im kinda allergic to yellow tho, so i would go with white, black, shell pink, sunburst, or red.

cant wait to see it, whatever you do.

Pretty sweet, only a little confusing when you try to explain it to people who don't know too much about guitars..

- A mix between a mustang and mix of mustang with a jaguar? So it's 75% mustang?

° eurr.. yeah!

lol.. awesome XD

Pretty sweet, only a little confusing when you try to explain it to people who don't know too much about guitars..

- A mix between a mustang and mix of mustang with a jaguar? So it's 75% mustang?

° eurr.. yeah!

lol.. awesome XD

I would say it like this if somebody asked:

It's more like it's mother (Mustang) than it's father (Jaguar/jagstang).

I would say it like this if somebody asked:

It's more like it's mother (Mustang) than it's father (Jaguar/jagstang).

Phahaha, brilliant! You didn't even start, and I like it already!

6212834016_7f3125f60d.jpg

mustang + jag-stang = by punkacc9, on Flickr

Update!

I took and traced my 69 reissue mustang and my first issue jag-stang then stacked the drawings on top of each other. Then i morphed them together and traced it.

6212322915_41614f3c04.jpg

template by punkacc9, on Flickr

I just had a custom pickguard made for me for it. Black/White/Black with a humbucker rout in the bridge and a single coil in the neck. I decided not to have any phase switch routs in it because im gonna drill a toggle in the lower horn like a duosonic.

Pickguard! by punkacc9, on Flickr

The neck I'm going with is a a Jaguar neck off of one of the brand new Squiers. I gt it on ebay for $100.00 brand new and its 24 inch so i thought.. Hey, it's cheap. Why not? Maybe I'll replace it with a Fender neck later down the road.

What do you guys think about for color? I was thinking Grafitti Yellow with black comp stripes. The pickups will be a seymour duncan JB and a Fender reissue mustang in the neck, both black.

I have all the parts now but not the body. I'm having a company in CO build me the body with my template and their American mustang template. I sent out the template to them today so I just got to wait on that. I decided to go with alder wood and a 1 3/4 inch body thickness like the jag-stang. I figured that it would look a bit weird thinner because of it being larger like the jag-stang.

Heres a mock up of it with the parts..

6212832940_f349a3ab8d.jpg

mck up 2 by punkacc9, on Flickr

6212321383_896b853c17.jpg

template with parts (mock up) by punkacc9, on Flickr

Here's the image i photoshopped of one when i first came up with the idea.

6212318537_1e35cd3edc.jpg

Mustang Off by punkacc9, on Flickr

Cool though not too fond of the color.

Cool though not too fond of the color.

Yeah I'm not totally Shute of the color definitely yet either. It won't be that neon yellow like the picture. I'm going for a color like the yellow cyclones. That or maybe white. It's got to go with the all black pickguard and electronics. I'm a big fan of the glossy walnut stain mustangs like that.

I'm a big fan of the glossy walnut stain mustangs like that.

My Mustang is natural finish. I used Guitar Ranch Fender Neck Amber on the body and now the neck & headstock match the body perfectly...an organic look I've always liked in guitars.

My pickguard though is the original (1965) yellowed mother-of-toilet-seat which works great with the natural amber wood. But I think a black guard would be great as well.

It's yours, have fun whatever ya decide!