I'm having issues with my Fender Jaguar cutting out, need some help!

Well, I'm having issues with my Fender Jaguar, need some help!

It plays all scratchy and sh*tty, like the sound you get when headphones aren't plugged in properly. That is until I touch any of the metal parts on the body ... the chrome around the switches & the knobs. Then it's fine!

So it's a bad ground connection, or something else? My Big Muff breaks up until I touch that metal on the guitar, then it's perfect sounding. Oh - that switch at the top (next to the roller pots for volume and tone) just wobbles around loose, but it always has! :)

Thanks!

Well, I'm having issues with my Fender Jaguar, need some help!

It plays all scratchy and sh*tty, like the sound you get when headphones aren't plugged in properly. That is until I touch any of the metal parts on the body ... the chrome around the switches & the knobs. Then it's fine!

So it's a bad ground connection, or something else? My Big Muff breaks up until I touch that metal on the guitar, then it's perfect sounding. Oh - that switch at the top (next to the roller pots for volume and tone) just wobbles around loose, but it always has! :)

Thanks!

Sounds like a lose ground. Did you open it up and check your grounds? It could be that a joint went bad and just needs to be redone. You also check to make sure you don't have a bad cable right?

Yeah, changed all my cables... I'm assuming ground too ...?

Buzzing when you touch metal parts is usually a ground error. If it got quieter when you touched metal it usually means you have good ground, but are picking up noise. Shielding helps with that.