Jaguar HH tail piece conversion with pics

i don't have a black guitar and none of my buddies do.

is that a good excuse to tell my wife.... :?:

My good excuse at the time is it sells new around here for $799 and I found this one for around $500. (It still had the plastic on the pickguard and pickups and came with a gig bag, picks, two packs of strings, a wide guitar strap, and a tuner!) You could always use the Japan excuse. Prices on them might go up if they become more rare do to tsunami issues.

i've seen this pic of that jag somewhere before....didn't know it's yours.... B)

super hot!!!!!!!!

Please give us details(pots, caps, pups) and more pics?

Japanese neck and body, American everything else, DiMarzio HBs. 500k pots, some old cap (mustard I think IIRC) from my NOS parts bin (I don't buy this sh!t, rather it was all given to me by an old man friend of my dads)I don't even remember the value as I really don't care about caps as I only use the tone control for tuning.Switchcraft toggle, AVRI trem, Gotoh/AVRI tuners,(which are stock on CIJs incidentally) Gotoh modern TOM, installed properly. Vintage jazzmaster witch hat knobs (not pictured). "F" neck plate.

That's about it. Oh, the Bridge HB is from about 1993, its the one piece of gear I've kept from back then.

I don't know if I have any other pics TBH. :mrgreen:

Japanese neck and body, American everything else, DiMarzio HBs. 500k pots, some old cap (mustard I think IIRC) from my NOS parts bin (I don't buy this sh!t, rather it was all given to me by an old man friend of my dads)I don't even remember the value as I really don't care about caps as I only use the tone control for tuning.Switchcraft toggle, AVRI trem, Gotoh/AVRI tuners,(which are stock on CIJs incidentally) Gotoh modern TOM, installed properly. Vintage jazzmaster witch hat knobs (not pictured). "F" neck plate.

That's about it. Oh, the Bridge HB is from about 1993, its the one piece of gear I've kept from back then.

I don't know if I have any other pics TBH. :mrgreen:

well ... when i first saw this jag i thought this was owned by Sonic Youth.....? I don't know why....

One of the best jags i've ever seen!!! my fav colour too...

What do you mean you only use the tone pot for tuning?

If you turn the tone all the way on and tune your guitar will be in tune more precisely than if you dont use the tone control. Not too many people know this but it works. It was recommended by Jack Endino on his site: Here.

Its how I've been tunign for at least 5 years now and its far better.

If you turn the tone all the way on and tune your guitar will be in tune more precisely than if you dont use the tone control. Not too many people know this but it works. It was recommended by Jack Endino on his site: Here.

Its how I've been tunign for at least 5 years now and its far better.

I have just been lucky all this time. :)

You'll be even luckier if you do it this way! Especially if you and the bass player do it when recording! BTW, every guitarist in the band should use the same exact tuner, especially when recording.

I meant I was lucky because I was doing that already randomly. ^^

• 2 weeks later...

It's on!

5561655667_c330a4719c.jpg

DSC09205 by Hentai No Baka, on Flickr

5561656327_0c779ef5ac.jpg

DSC09211 by Hentai No Baka, on Flickr

Audio clips soon. :)

With Stop Tail (Before)

With Bigsby (After)

H this is pure awesomeness!!!

It looks like this jag was made to have a bigsby. Black with nickel hardware.... can anyone ask for more?

Congrats!!!

These sound files don't work for me for some reason.... am I doing something wrong?

H this is pure awesomeness!!!

It looks like this jag was made to have a bigsby. Black with nickel hardware.... can anyone ask for more?

Congrats!!!

These sound files don't work for me for some reason.... am I doing something wrong?

When I click them Windows Media Player opens to play them. You can right click them and save them to play I think.

I agree with this look. I like the classic look to, but the double metal covered humbuckers look nice with extra metal.

• 7 months later...

HNB, I assume you've still got this guitar and have played it quite a bit. An already impressive looking guitar has been made absolutely gorgeous with the bigsby. This is definately something I would consider, so, after living with it for the last 8 months or so, can you give me/us any further insight as to how it feels and plays?

HNB, I assume you've still got this guitar and have played it quite a bit. An already impressive looking guitar has been made absolutely gorgeous with the bigsby. This is definately something I would consider, so, after living with it for the last 8 months or so, can you give me/us any further insight as to how it feels and plays?

I actually traded it for my sunburst Warmoth Jazzmaster. I think I can still help with your questions though.

The Bigsby is a bit stiffer than a Jaguar tremolo, but the Bigsby is easier to bend notes up. With setup both hold tuning ok. I think the sustain was a bit better with the Bigsby and there was more downward pressure on the bridge because I think the Bigsby held the strings lower to the body behind the bridge. I think the sustain was because the longer string lenght with the Bigsby. The arm on the Bigsby can get in the way because you can't take it off easily, but it also doesn't have a problem getting loose and falling out or anything either. If you have a stoptail guitar, I would think the Bigsby with the adapter is much easier to put on. Took me five minutes and was reversable. You could always try it and change it if you didn't like it. Routing the body can't be switched back and if you make a mistake, you are stuck with it.

Many thanks for sharing that with us. It's a Squire I'm considering doing this to which has a toploader bridge. At the very least I'm going to have to have 2 holes made for a hard tail and that's assuming an adjust-o-matic/tune-o-matic bridge can replace the toploader without further modification. I'm still trying to find out if that can be done.