Anyone know why my EHX pedals come on so loud for?

I've had this issue with every Electro Harmonix pedal I've ever owned: my Polychorus reissue, my Polyflange, and my Small Clone. On both clean channel and distorted channel. I have the volume issue most when using a distortion pedal. They boost my volume to the point it is annoying to play with them on. I HATE it, but I love the tones they produce, though, I just would like them to play at the same level as my amp is. How can I do this? Has anyone else had this problem before? My amp is a Raven RG60 or a Raven RG100. I know its not my amps, as my pedals have done this on every other amp I've owned. Both have effects loops in back. I don't know if using them would make a difference or not. I just hook my pedals daisy chained directly into the amp. Could this be a reason why the are so loud? Would the effects loop help cut down on the volume? Maybe is it the way I arrange my pedals? Here is my gear and how I hook it up for reference: Polyflange to Raven RG60, Polyflange to Small Clone, to DS-1 or Delta Labs Rock Distortion, to boss NS-2 noise suppressor, to either a Fender Mustang or Jaguar. Anyone got any suggestions on how can fix this? I'm so confussed and frustrated at the same time.

• 1 month later...

determing which one is plugged in first changes the sound usually. also doesnt the polychorus have two outputs? try that, it could be your am :-hmmm p

Thanks dude. It turns out it was my amp. And yes, they Polychorus (vintage and reissue) both have 2 different outputs. I only use the "effect out" output plugged directly into my amp. I'm not sure what the second output is for, as I could never get it to work with my rig.

Thanks dude. It turns out it was my amp. And yes, they Polychorus (vintage and reissue) both have 2 different outputs. I only use the "effect out" output plugged directly into my amp. I'm not sure what the second output is for, as I could never get it to work with my rig.

The second output is for using the pedal in stereo (in fact it should say "stereo" on it), you're supposed to be able to run the pedal into 2 separate amps to create crazy panning chorus effects. The stereo output only works if you're already plugged into the main output.