Jagstangs worth

quality or crap  

8 members have voted

1. 1. do u feel the jagstang is a great guitar just a good as a strat , or do you feel like its a beginner guitar?

• just as good
    • its horrible

i feel like its an amazing guitar that really is good, but people keep telling me there not worth it

It is a matter of taste and worth is what you would pay for it. If you like it, it is worth something. Some people are Tele people or Les Paul people or any guitar people. If someone is loyal to a guitar that isn't a Jagstang, they will say it is garbage. There are people who love it stock or love it when they mod it. When it is something for you, your opinion is the only one that counts. If it feels good to you and you like the sound, then that is all that counts. :)

As far as beginner guitars go, I don't feel any guitar is a beginner one. The Mustang was made as a student guitar and lots of people love it as their main guitar. Lots of teens get Strats as their first guitar or Strat-like guitars. I would say I see more beginners playing Strats than anything else.

Jagstang is the best combination ever made

you love it or you hate it

Seems to be how people react to it. Some violently hate it and others really like it. I haven't really come across another guitar with people who hate it as much as some people hate Jagstangs. I guess those people are probably people who hate the Cobain association and hate the guitar because of the connection. I don't get that. I don't know Jeff Beck, but I love JB's. I also have a PAF Joe and don't care for the namesake the thing was made after.

It's different. Different feel, different vibe... evokes a different playing style just b/c of the vintage/small frets and small scale.. Got both a Strat and JS and I use whichever is right for what I'm doing at the time. My Strat is absolutely amazing, but my JS is still my favorite. It's the one I instinctively pick up if I want to jam.. Strat for recording and when precision is an absolute must as I get all sloppy and whatnot on the JS.. It's just what comes out when I play it.... My JS is my number one, but it is no better or worse really than a strat, just different...

I think you guys are missing the point, love it or hate it they notice it!

I mean how many strats/tele's/LP's do you see at gigs, too many imo.

Agreed! I tried to make my Tele and Strat look different then the standard mostly because of that. (Also why I am excited about adding a bigsby to my Jaguar.)

Agreed! I tried to make my Tele and Strat look different then the standard mostly because of that. (Also why I am excited about adding a bigsby to my Jaguar.)

The feel of the guitar is amazing, but depending on tastes the only thing that may need a swap is the pickups. Other than that most people seem to be comfortable with the body's big ass and short-scale Mustang neck.

The feel of the guitar is amazing, but depending on tastes the only thing that may need a swap is the pickups. Other than that most people seem to be comfortable with the body's big ass and short-scale Mustang neck.

Thin neck and big ass... seems like I like my guitars like I like my women. ;)