stock dimarzios in jagstangs?

I recently replaced the humbucker in my bridge with a seymour JB-4 but was surprised to see that I was taking out a Dimarzio humbucker; did these come stock in Japanese Jagstangs? I asked the guy I bought it from and he just said "that's what was in there when I got it"...I just don't know if he bought it used or new. It's obviously a moot point but I am curious if this was a stock humbucker from Fender or not....

I recently replaced the humbucker in my bridge with a seymour JB-4 but was surprised to see that I was taking out a Dimarzio humbucker; did these come stock in Japanese Jagstangs? I asked the guy I bought it from and he just said "that's what was in there when I got it"...I just don't know if he bought it used or new. It's obviously a moot point but I am curious if this was a stock humbucker from Fender or not....

Was it a four wire humbucker? Mine was only a hot and ground. I don't recall there being DiMarzio marked on mine anywhere.

its so you can split the coils, that is why there are actually four (really 5 as one is ground for the HB base plate) wires on most modern pickups.

Oh I know what they were for, I was just wondering if his pickups were four wire or two. Mine were two so I figure they were not DiMarzio. I would imagine their pickups would be four wire.

• 3 weeks later...

If it's a dimarzio, then, no, not stock. They came with a 'special design' Fender humbucker. Kurt's came with a Dimarzio H-3 (which isn't even sold by Dimarzio) but he replaced it with a JB anyway, so even his technically didnt have a Dimarzio when he played it. Kurt's Jag-Stang's were the only two made with Dimarzio's stock.

• 2 weeks later...

it´s a clone of original HB-3 , a Cheapo japonese clone.

2 wire , looks like a P.a.f Based pickup, funny that pickup sound well in any other guitar, and at jag-stang sounds horrible :-hateit .

and even more funny is fact that jag-stang original don´t deal well whit certain pickups or they sound mud or they sound bassy or sounds strange at end of deal i never found a pickup that sound well at jag-stang.

it´s a clone of original HB-3 , a Cheapo japonese clone.

2 wire , looks like a P.a.f Based pickup, funny that pickup sound well in any other guitar, and at jag-stang sounds horrible :-hateit .

and even more funny is fact that jag-stang original don´t deal well whit certain pickups or they sound mud or they sound bassy or sounds strange at end of deal i never found a pickup that sound well at jag-stang.

Could be because the body is basswood. I hear that they aren't bad in ash or alder bodies. Basswood seems to suck sound in more so hotter pickups work better in it. Just what I hear though. :)

• 4 weeks later...

thanks for the input, the JB-4 sounds awesome by the way, although it sounds alot more like a single coil than a humbucker in my opinion... I didn't know kurt cobain put a JB-4 in his as well; as they say, great minds think alike.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for the input, the JB-4 sounds awesome by the way, although it sounds alot more like a single coil than a humbucker in my opinion... I didn't know kurt cobain put a JB-4 in his as well; as they say, great minds think alike.

He was a big fan of the Seymour Duncan JB and had one installed on all his Mustangs (except the famous blue Comp Stang which had a SD Hot Rails)