is it true that MIM finishes are superior to US/Japan finishes? I have heard that because Mexico has less stringent rules for chemicals/spraying that they are able to get a better finish on their guitars...is this true or is it just what MIM owners say to feel good? (I own 2 MIM's)

is it true that MIM finishes are superior to US/Japan finishes? I have heard that because Mexico has less stringent rules for chemicals/spraying that they are able to get a better finish on their guitars...is this true or is it just what MIM owners say to feel good? (I own 2 MIM's)

Made in Mexico amp finishes?

Nope, its bullsh!t!

Who ever said this have never seen a Gibson or a PRS finish! OR a Japanese finish like on an ESP!

MIMs are below Japanese and American guitars in terms of quality of parts and workmanship, this is the general consensus and no one really goes against it as its true IMO.

They are all sprayed in booths anyways so its not like you're outside spraying chemicals all over the place.

Nope, its bullsh!t!

Who ever said this have never seen a Gibson or a PRS finish! OR a Japanese finish like on an ESP!

MIMs are below Japanese and American guitars in terms of quality of parts and workmanship, this is the general consensus and no one really goes against it as its true IMO.

They are all sprayed in booths anyways so its not like you're outside spraying chemicals all over the place.

That is kind of what I have heard usually. American > Japanese > Mexico > China > Indonesia

As far as American vs Japanese goes, there really is no black and white comparison as it depends on the guitar and Japan puts out guitars that blow away a lot of American guitars. Like ESP Eclipse 1 CTM full thickness' for example (not available in north America), they are a far superior guitar than a Gibson les paul custom IMO.

ESP makes a lot of very high end guitars and its irrelevant that they are a Japanese company.

I find Japanese guitars more consistent (flawless in every way) as the Japanese (generalization) have a different mentality than westerners and have a very strong work ethic, it dates back to the Samurai and is still very evident in todays society. I have never known any worker with more respect and pride than a Japanese individual.

As far as American vs Japanese goes, there really is no black and white comparison as it depends on the guitar and Japan puts out guitars that blow away a lot of American guitars. Like ESP Eclipse 1 CTM full thickness' for example (not available in north America), they are a far superior guitar than a Gibson les paul custom IMO.

ESP makes a lot of very high end guitars and its irrelevant that they are a Japanese company.

I find Japanese guitars more consistent (flawless in every way) as the Japanese (generalization) have a different mentality than westerners and have a very strong work ethic, it dates back to the Samurai and is still very evident in todays society. I have never known any worker with more respect and pride than a Japanese individual.

Won't get an argument from me. Most of my guitars are from Japan. :)

Strat - MIJ

Tele - MIJ

Jagstang - MIJ

Jaguar - MIJ

Mustang - MIJ

• 2 weeks later...