65 Reissue wiring issues???

Hi Guys, Got a quandary going on here re wiring up a 65 RI that i'm building...

The body has two earth lines on it, one from under the bridge cup and the other from the cavity shields. Both of these end in the switch cavity ready to attach to the back of the pot. My quandary is that there is a solder blob on the switch cavity shield plate and it is not linked to the other shields in the chain... Does the line from the rest of the shield chain connect to this solder point and it has become detached at some point or is there a third earth line that has fallen off somewhere along the way...??? If you look real close you can see the tail end of a line still in the solder blob...

Hopefully the pic will explain it better than I can...

Here's hoping someone can help, all the best...

Mark.

DSCF2071.jpg

Hi Guys, Got a quandary going on here re wiring up a 65 RI that i'm building...

The body has two earth lines on it, one from under the bridge cup and the other from the cavity shields. Both of these end in the switch cavity ready to attach to the back of the pot. My quandary is that there is a solder blob on the switch cavity shield plate and it is not linked to the other shields in the chain... Does the line from the rest of the shield chain connect to this solder point and it has become detached at some point or is there a third earth line that has fallen off somewhere along the way...??? If you look real close you can see the tail end of a line still in the solder blob...

Hopefully the pic will explain it better than I can...

Here's hoping someone can help, all the best...

Mark.

DSCF2071.jpg

That plate usually has a wire attached that goes to your pot with the other grounds. Maybe it came lose or someone just disconnected it? If it isn't grounded, it doesn't really work as a shield if I remember correctly.