Robbmonster

Fender Pawn shop

Hi, I haven't been posting much lately. The forum has been dead, and I havn't been guitaring much.

But I had to see what people think of the 'Pawn Shop' series.

Seems that Fender is becoming more like Squier all the time. No new designs, just more bastardized versions of old favourites.

But great to see the return of the mighty 51!!!

• Like 2

Hi, I haven't been posting much lately. The forum has been dead, and I havn't been guitaring much.

But I had to see what people think of the 'Pawn Shop' series.

Seems that Fender is becoming more like Squier all the time. No new designs, just more bastardized versions of old favourites.

But great to see the return of the mighty 51!!!

There is a thread in the Mustang section about it called "not sure if this was posted so i decided to post it" but I think it is cool. I want a 51 and probably the Mustang as well. I think it is cool that the slider switches were changed to be used as a coil tap and I am interested to play one to hear how those humbuckers sound and I think the hardtail is a cool addition on them all. Good to see you again!

Me too... I'm curious about the hardtail mustang.

I have not seen the guitar in person.

Guess I have to wait for a few months before somebody brings it here. Or maybe not....

been lost in the circulation for a couple of months now...I'm glad to be back. I also saw this one at the Fender site and I was blown away: first the Blacktop Series, then the Vintage Modified Squiers...now this:

fender-pawn-shop-guitars.jpg

major offset GAS!!!

been lost in the circulation for a couple od months now...I'm glad to be back. I also saw this one at the Fender site and I was blown away: first the Blacktop Series, then the Vintage Modified Squiers...now this:

major offset GAS!!!

Nice to see somewhat different guitars being popped out vs. repeating the same old same old. (Even though they are similar to what is already out, they do have some interesting changes IMHO.)

been lost in the circulation for a couple od months now...I'm glad to be back. I also saw this one at the Fender site and I was blown away: first the Blacktop Series, then the Vintage Modified Squiers...now this:

major offset GAS!!!

Nice to see somewhat different guitars being popped out vs. repeating the same old same old. (Even though they are similar to what is already out, they do have some interesting changes IMHO.)

Im digging the Candy Apple Red Mustang and the '72, On the Stang, I dont like the pickup covers, or the tummy cut, I prefer a slab body. The '72 sounds pretty dang good, and I have an undieing love for pretty much any guitar with a Sunburst finish, kinda superficial about that, I know :lol: as for the output jack, Im a fan of that on both guitars, I like either a sidejack or the 90 degree. As for the trem, Im not of fan of all this hardtail madness, Im more fond of floating trems. The vintage tuners are great though. And as for the pickup selectors, fvcking brilliant, it helps maintain the regular look of a Mustang, while still shaking things up, and giving a GREAT option, kudos to Fender on that one. Though with all these changes going around, I could only hope for some new lefty guitars? Probably not though, thats just wishful thinking. Anyway, just my thoughts, good to be back! Sorry for the long winded response :lol:

The Mustang Special plays AND sounds great IMO.. Apparently the Wide Range humbuckers used are the same as what is in the Lee Ronaldo Jazzmaster, which are apparently closer to vintage spec than on the ones on the Tele reissues. I actually really liked the hard-tail bridge, tho I do miss the asthetic that the original Mustang bridge has.. I give my thumbs up to it and hope to own one someday...

Guest gypsyseven

Im digging the Candy Apple Red Mustang...

Oh yes, what a great looking guitar, even specs-wise...