Hey guys, I am trying to rewire my Jaguar HH special like a Jaguar CP HH, i.e, the single/ hum blend controls on the upper bout. I found one diagram already, but it doesn't seem to be working :blink: I know you need 4-conductor pickups (got a couple of SD's in there) And i know the fender wire colors are different from SD's. the diagram i have doesn't seem to have hardly anything grounded. i'm a bit perplexed. I called Fender and all they could/would send me is the Jag HH special diagram. So i was wondering if anyone had a diagram or had a CP HH they'd be willing to open up and take some detailed pics. Any help is much appreciated, Thank you!!!

Hey guys, I am trying to rewire my Jaguar HH special like a Jaguar CP HH, i.e, the single/ hum blend controls on the upper bout. I found one diagram already, but it doesn't seem to be working :blink: I know you need 4-conductor pickups (got a couple of SD's in there) And i know the fender wire colors are different from SD's. the diagram i have doesn't seem to have hardly anything grounded. i'm a bit perplexed. I called Fender and all they could/would send me is the Jag HH special diagram. So i was wondering if anyone had a diagram or had a CP HH they'd be willing to open up and take some detailed pics. Any help is much appreciated, Thank you!!!

Is this it?

jaguarwiringdiagramnl5.jpg

That is the one i've been using. I tried it and had no luck. I may rip it apart and try again. Is it just me or does it look like it's missing grounds where the pickups connect, on the input jack, and on the tone knob? also, i assume this diagram is using the fender color codes on the pickup wires, and i have already compensated for that with my SD's.

That is the one i've been using. I tried it and had no luck. I may rip it apart and try again. Is it just me or does it look like it's missing grounds where the pickups connect, on the input jack, and on the tone knob? also, i assume this diagram is using the fender color codes on the pickup wires, and i have already compensated for that with my SD's.

Not sure how Fender color codes match up to Seymour Duncan. This looks like the correct diagram for what you were describing. I guess it is a matter of figuring out Fender's color codes.

According to this site, Green is hot, Black and White would connect in the middle and Red would be ground. Bare wire is typically the ground for the bridge plate. Sometimes Jaguars and Mustangs don't have a ground running to the jack because it is grounded by connecting to the metal plate it screws in to. Since the volume pot is metal and touches the metal plate and usually where all the grounds go it is usually grounded that way. You can still ground it with a wire if you want. I did with mine.

Never done any of the horn wiring before. Looking at this diagram is kind of confusing. I will see if I can find a better one.

Fender Seymour Duncan

North: Green (Use) Black

North Finish: White (Use) White

South: Black (Use) Red

South Finish: Red (Use) Green

Picture below:

color_codes.jpg

Thank you HNB for your quick replies. I'll check my color codes and try this thing again. i'll be back to update!

Cool! Let us know how it works. If you are using Seymour Duncan pickups you might just print out the Fender wiring diagram and change the colors from the Fender ones to the SD ones so it doesn't get so confusing. :)

real quick HNB, do you know if any of the lugs on the rollers are supposed to be grounded to themselves? it kind of looks like the ones on the right are, but it's a bit hard to tell. been doin wiring forever, but still a bit of a noob :unsure: thank you again

They probably are.

Still running into issues :-hmmm Tried what i could think of with my (limited) knowledge. i contacted fender again, waiting til monday for a reply. this schematic is weird. it looks like it's got hot wires and grounds going to the same place, and wires mysteriously changing colors between contacts. i tried grounding the bare wires to a known ground with some success.

again, if anyone at all has one of the Jaguar Classic Player HH and wouldn't mind opening it up and snapping a few detailed pics, it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks everybody for any help!

one more question!

a duncan designed uses same colors as setmour duncan??

The Duncan designed ones by Fender are usually only two wire. I think if they are Fender Duncan designed with four wire (and bare ground) they probably use Fender's color codes since they were made for Fender.

Got it!! :grin: Had to design my own schematic based on the Seymour Duncan diagram of the old Peavey "spin a split" design, but she's up and runnin and soundin purty.

Thanks HNB for all your help, next is the Mustang with the lace sensor dually you gave me the diagram for a while back, been slackin on that one... time to go open her up....

Got it!! :grin: Had to design my own schematic based on the Seymour Duncan diagram of the old Peavey "spin a split" design, but she's up and runnin and soundin purty.

Thanks HNB for all your help, next is the Mustang with the lace sensor dually you gave me the diagram for a while back, been slackin on that one... time to go open her up....

Nice! Post pics! :)

no i think a stck duncan designed from shp wit 4conductor!

are they same color code as duncan seymour

I wasn't sure, but that is good to know. I thought if Fender made them, they would use their own color codes to match their wiring diagrams. If Duncan designed them AND manufactured them it would make sense that they would have Duncan's colors. After some reading it sounds like Duncan designed pickups have the Duncan color code. Good to know in case I ever replace the pickups in my Blacktop Jazzmaster.