Questions about my new (used) 65' reissue

Hey jag-stang folks,

I just bought a used, beautiful, 65' reissue. The thing plays so great and I'm getting great tones out of it. It took me a good hour to finally figure out how to change strings on the guitar. I figured out that I needed to cut the regular strings I buy down to a suitable size for the neck and then tune em up! After I did this, I've been noticing that I'm getting some substantial buzz on from the saddles on the high e string and it seems like I'm getting inconsistent intonation on the other strings too. I think that when I restrung it I moved the saddles around or something. I was wondering if ya'll could shed some light onto this dilemma of mine because when I restrung the guitar, it seemed like the saddles would inevitably move around a bit. Anyone know what I should do to get consistent tone without buzz? I have my old Telecaster that I'm playing too, but I would like to get the stang in tip top shape. Thanks!

Hey jag-stang folks,

I just bought a used, beautiful, 65' reissue. The thing plays so great and I'm getting great tones out of it. It took me a good hour to finally figure out how to change strings on the guitar. I figured out that I needed to cut the regular strings I buy down to a suitable size for the neck and then tune em up! After I did this, I've been noticing that I'm getting some substantial buzz on from the saddles on the high e string and it seems like I'm getting inconsistent intonation on the other strings too. I think that when I restrung it I moved the saddles around or something. I was wondering if ya'll could shed some light onto this dilemma of mine because when I restrung the guitar, it seemed like the saddles would inevitably move around a bit. Anyone know what I should do to get consistent tone without buzz? I have my old Telecaster that I'm playing too, but I would like to get the stang in tip top shape. Thanks!

You could adjust the bridge height, lock the trem if you don't use it, wrap the bridge posts with electrical tape so it wiggles less or get a Warmoth Mustang bridge with the individual height adjustment screws. Sometimes thicker gauge strings help reduce buzz as well. Lots of options.

Sweet, I'm not sure how to do any of those things well so I'm probably going to take this to a local tech. Should I be concerned about moving the saddles around when I change strings?

The saddles should only move around if you use a screw driver to adjust them. They could move a little to the left or right, but shouldn't be able to wiggle much.

The saddles should only move around if you use a screw driver to adjust them. They could move a little to the left or right, but shouldn't be able to wiggle much.

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it. I'm going to get it set up next week sometime. It so great for Jazz/Blues! Love this thing.

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it. I'm going to get it set up next week sometime. It so great for Jazz/Blues! Love this thing.

Post some sound clips or pics when you are done. Fun to see the different guitars.