Sign in to follow this  
mayajag

Telemaster - Jazzsquire Build

Hey guys,

So i'm building a telemaster !

I already bought all the different parts i need on the internet and i'm now waiting for them to arrive.

The neck came with the mail this morning.

IMAG0079.jpg

It's a telecaster total vintage neck from warmoth (1 5/8" Nut Width, Boatneck, 7.25" Radius )

The boatneck contour is a bit strange (not really what i was expecting) but i'm waiting for the guitar to be finished to really make my opinion.

I'll keep updating pics as soon as I get all my stuff !

Hey guys,

So i'm building a telemaster !

I already bought all the different parts i need on the internet and i'm now waiting for them to arrive.

The neck came with the mail this morning.

IMAG0079.jpg

It's a telecaster total vintage neck from warmoth (1 5/8" Nut Width, Boatneck, 7.25" Radius )

The boatneck contour is a bit strange (not really what i was expecting) but i'm waiting for the guitar to be finished to really make my opinion.

I'll keep updating pics as soon as I get all my stuff !

I almost got a boatneck for my tele but got a fatneck from Warmoth. It is like a baseball bat. :) Too cool, but way different than any guitar I have.

soo.... your not really building one, you are assembling one from parts that you sourced on the internet?

That is still building one isn't it? When you see kids build with blocks, they didn't make the box. They just put them together in different ways. :)

hey,

i received the body yesterday !

i had to work a bit on the neck pocket because it was a bit tight for the neck.

here's how it looks like...

IMAG0096.jpg

i still need to drill a few holes in the body and in the neck and i'm waiting for the string ferrules to finally put some strings in it...

i'll need to order a custom pickguard too but i'm not sure if i want or not to have a neck pickup...

• Like 1

Hi guys !

It took some time but here it is : finished.

IMAG0353.jpg

pickups are : fender tele 52 neck pup - seymour duncan antiquity bridge pup

2 volumes no tone, 500k pots

on middle position pickups are out of phase so I'll need to re-wire it.

Pickguard came from warmoth and body from guitar mill so it's not a perfect fit but it fits.

The body is seafoam green.

As i was saying in my first post the boatneck contour seemed a bit strange to me,

but once I played it with strings on it and everything it really felt nice in my hand.

• Like 1