Fender Jaguar Knob Replacement

I bought a Fender Classic Player HH Jaguar last month and don't like the knobs on it. I was wondering if the knobs are just simple pull off knobs or do you need to do something special. Also, if they are special knobs, would pull off knobs be place able on them without damaging the parts? I'm kinda new to guitar modification so sorry if this is a nooby question.

I bought a Fender Classic Player HH Jaguar last month and don't like the knobs on it. I was wondering if the knobs are just simple pull off knobs or do you need to do something special. Also, if they are special knobs, would pull off knobs be place able on them without damaging the parts? I'm kinda new to guitar modification so sorry if this is a nooby question.

If it isn't a pull off knob, it will have a small screw on the side that you can losen to lift the knob off. (Like the pic below.)

140.jpg

If there is no screw on the side, it should pull off. As long as you get a push on knob the correct size for your pot post (US or Metric) than it should work fine. :)

If it isn't a pull off knob, it will have a small screw on the side that you can losen to lift the knob off. (Like the pic below.)

140.jpg

If there is no screw on the side, it should pull off. As long as you get a push on knob the correct size for your pot post (US or Metric) than it should work fine. :)

Thank you. Upon looking closely at the knobs, there is a tiny screw in it. The chrome knobs that I wish to use do not have the screw in them however. Would it damage the guitar if I took off the screw on knobs and put push on knobs in their place?

Thank you. Upon looking closely at the knobs, there is a tiny screw in it. The chrome knobs that I wish to use do not have the screw in them however. Would it damage the guitar if I took off the screw on knobs and put push on knobs in their place?

It shouldn't be a problem as long as you have the right size knobs for the posts.

• 9 years later...

My jaguar didn't have the grub screw but the knob was pretty tight, I eventually got it off by just pulling on it. My hand hits the volume knob sometimes when I'm strumming and loosens the nut on the pot. After dealing with a loose volume knob for a few years I finally pulled off the knob and tightened the nut. Now its as good as new!