What color pickguard for my Mustang...?!

Yeah,

Not the most technical of questions, but I'm looking to make my Mustang a bit more interesting/sexier/different... anyone have any pickguard/scratchplate color suggestions? Here's as is :

fenderlefty2.jpg

Bit tired of that combo, but wouldn't dare get the body painted!

Yeah,

Not the most technical of questions, but I'm looking to make my Mustang a bit more interesting/sexier/different... anyone have any pickguard/scratchplate color suggestions? Here's as is :

fenderlefty2.jpg

Bit tired of that combo, but wouldn't dare get the body painted!

You could do parchment. It is an aged white. I think white is too bright normally and the pickups blend too much on white. Parchment looks better. Gold might be interesting. Could do black too, but it wouldn't look too different since you have a dark pickguard already.

Thinking either gold sparkle or brown :

goldbrown2.jpg

I think pickguardian.com has sparkle gold. Not sure about brown, but you could email them and ask. :) On a related note, I will probably do a black/white/black on my Daphne Blue Mustang project. Parchment looks cool too though, but my Dakota Red one already has that and I would like them to be a little more different.

• 2 weeks later...

You could do parchment. It is an aged white. I think white is too bright normally and the pickups blend too much on white. Parchment looks better.

Couldn't agree more. Parchment.

Have you seen it? It's sort of an off-white, just slightly yellowed pearl (Mother of Toilet Seat). It will harmonize the white of the pup covers, the blue, and the amber of the headstock & neck.

To my eye, the contrast of the dark tortoise shell with the blue and white is too dramatic, a bit shocking. But you'll have a more sleek, integrated look with a Parchment guard.

If you're doing Tony Orlando and Dawn covers, definitely go with the gold sparkle.

Just had to say it... :wink:

But seriously, ya see how the gold harmonizes with your headstock? That's sort of the effect you'll get with parchment. Then consider amber knobs.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah,

Not the most technical of questions, but I'm looking to make my Mustang a bit more interesting/sexier/different... anyone have any pickguard/scratchplate color suggestions? Bit tired of that combo, but wouldn't dare get the body painted!

So Lolalola, what did you decide?