How to change Mustang pickups

Hey,

I just received my Novak Mustang pickups and want to install them. But before I go digging around how complicated to change them is it? Is it a simple case of unscrew the existing ones, pull them out, de-solder the wires and re solder and install the new ones? Or is it a more involved job that I should get my guitar shop to do?

Hey,

I just received my Novak Mustang pickups and want to install them. But before I go digging around how complicated to change them is it? Is it a simple case of unscrew the existing ones, pull them out, de-solder the wires and re solder and install the new ones? Or is it a more involved job that I should get my guitar shop to do?

As long as there is just a hot and a ground wire it should be as you described it. You take the pickguard off, unscrew the old pickups, desolder the two wires from the switch of each pickup, screw on the new pickups and solder the wires were the old ones were.