well, my band isnt really that rich :L

so can only pay for about 3 hours of recording, we want to get 3/4 songs DONE. but I know this wont happen

SO, the plan was.

record drums, bass and vocals and guitar SOLO tracks, then add multiple guitars at home on garageband,but then is the issue.

I find garageband's mixing is plain awful, so what would I do about mixing the studio tracks with the garageband tracks?

well, my band isnt really that rich :L

so can only pay for about 3 hours of recording, we want to get 3/4 songs DONE. but I know this wont happen

SO, the plan was.

record drums, bass and vocals and guitar SOLO tracks, then add multiple guitars at home on garageband,but then is the issue.

I find garageband's mixing is plain awful, so what would I do about mixing the studio tracks with the garageband tracks?

I don't think it will work the way you think it will. I think you need to do one or the other. If you want to do studio then you need to practice your ass off so you can knock it out fast. Maybe go 3 hours and then save money and go back. These things take time if you don't have money. Do you have a iphone? There is some unreal software that you can use on an iphone that won't break the bank. Were you planning on having it mixed down in the studio or leaving with raw tracks?

I can tell you this, if it's meant to be it will happen no matter what you record with. You have to go full out and see what happens. Talk to the studio and see if they need help cleaning up or anything that would get you more time. If they see your passion they may help you. If anyone in the band is really talented offer their services for other artists in return for studio time. Go for broke, you got nothing to lose.

• 1 year later...

Jagmaster:

I tell my clients to get there music down pat befor ever entering the studio. One trick is to record your practice time and refine your music befor going in to the studio.  Then practice for 2 to 4 hours shortly befor going to the studio to record. That way your band will need little time to  setter into your music. DON'T screw around, rember studio time is your money.  Also booking your secions  in odd hours like 10 am on can be cheeper because the people with more money can afford the prime studio time.. Always talk to the owner or engineer about times and rates they'll understand your needs and may have lower rates for unpopular booking times. 

Sinking two different programs don't always work together like Brandonwindmill said. And he dose have good ideas that may earn your band more time. Song writters always need to cut demo tracks for there copy right fillings, and live musians  make better recordings.

P,S, Wheres spell check??????

• 2 months later...

Practice to the point of everyone being able to play the songs in the dark without screwing up, then practice some more. Depending on the capabilities of the studio, you could track all instruments live together by you guys isolating amps from the drum room, and play along to everything via headphones(this is old school and how records used to be done). We plan to do our next record this way.

i would just like to re-iterate what everyone else has already said. practice till you fart out the perfect version of whatever song you are doing.

and just save up more money. even if it takes 4-6 more months of playing gigs or saving back a percentage of your personal paychecks, or selling more merch, whatever, just save up more money.

I once went into a studio where they insisted on having a guitar tech come in and set the intonation of my guitars and the bass.  I told them i was a luthier and had been to school and built the guitar i was playing but they insisted, it was just a way for them to get more money out of me, i passed on the whole studio, but not before i wasted ALOT of there time.

on the same note, i have made some really really good sounding recordings using a plain old tascam 8 track(tape!!!) but getting it to radio level and having a final master i left that up to a pro and only paid for about 3 hours of mastering time.