And super expensive most likely.

They had reissues in Japan for around $700. (With matching headstock.) Probably what Kurt would have had since he liked the thinner Japanese necks. I have seen his Competition Mustang in Seattle at the EMP. Pretty cool. Stock except for the hotrails in the bridge and the TOM.

They had reissues in Japan for around $700. (With matching headstock.) Probably what Kurt would have had since he liked the thinner Japanese necks. I have seen his Competition Mustang in Seattle at the EMP. Pretty cool. Stock except for the hotrails in the bridge and the TOM.

I was assuming he wanted vintage not reissue because he said he wanted one like cobains. Going reissue though is probably the easier and cheaper route.

Where might I find a Re-issue one in Lake Placid Blue? Also, where would I find a vintage one for sale and how much do they run?

Depends on the country you live in. In America ebay and craigs list work ok. There are also different forums where members sell guitars. Brand new you could get one from Japan as a reissue. Shipping is a little expensive, but still cheaper than a vintage one.

Depends on the country you live in. In America ebay and craigs list work ok. There are also different forums where members sell guitars. Brand new you could get one from Japan as a reissue. Shipping is a little expensive, but still cheaper than a vintage one.

What are the main differences between re-issue and vintage?

What are the main differences between re-issue and vintage?

When it was made normally. Wood could vary too. Sometimes Japanese guitars are basswood but they also use alder as well.

I didn't see any competition Mustangs in Lake Placid Blue with matching head stock on that Japanese webpage.. I will keep checking that site until I am ready to purchase.

Kurt also had a sonic blue Mustang with a red pickguard that might be easier to find if your interested I think they actually make one that's an exact copy with the same pickups, etc..the same with his sunburst Jaguar. I highly recommend jaguars their great guitars.

If you use this search page, check every so often. They are a guitar shop so their inventory is always changing as they get more guitars and sell others. I would use this link and search LPB each day to look for one. LPB = Lake Placid Blue and they list guitars that way so you can keep an eye out that way. :)

http://www.ishibashi.co.jp/u_box/e/

• 2 months later...

I believe the one he used on the In Utero tour was a '69 reissue with the bridge pick-up routed out to be a humbucker. I saw one on ebay for like $1,400. In the Smells like teen spirit video he had a comp. stang

That comp stang he used Is at the EMP in Seattle. Cool looking guitar. I would never pay for the Kurt modle guitars. Cheaper to get one and mod it yourself. More punk to DIY too.