I understand your into Cobain...nirvana is my favorite band too..but don't get all the same equipment use the same strings,etc..its never going to sound like him he had thousands of dollars worth of equipment..get your own identity, man. I'm sure your a cool person..try strings out and find a brand and gauge YOU like.

I understand your into Cobain...nirvana is my favorite band too..but don't get all the same equipment use the same strings,etc..its never going to sound like him he had thousands of dollars worth of equipment..get your own identity, man. I'm sure your a cool person..try strings out and find a brand and gauge YOU like.

Nirvana is not my favourite, they certainly are up there though. I wanted to start with a sound I like and go from there. Cool is what I am not.. But I will try different strings to get the sound I want.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

String breakage can be an individual tendency of certain pianos. Some instruments go 100 years with all of their original strings; others may have two or three break with every tuning. I do not recommend that beginners attempt to replace broken piano strings.

----------------

Reputation Management|Reputation Management Services|Remove RipOff Reports

I highly doubt that Kurt Cobain used Piano Wire, from what I recall, Piano wire is technically just that - wire. No ball end, though I think some have loops.

I have replaced Piano strings before, it's not THAT hard, now tuning the blasted thing, that's a whole other ball of wax, LOL.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You should use strings of dead animal, like moose or something hardy unsure.gif

Yeah, moose-gut strings are amazing. Not sure about Kirt, but I'm pretty sure that's what Cannibal Corpse plays.

;-)