Hello all!

Gosh, its been a while since I posted. I have quite a problem here. Currently, I own a right-handed Jag-Stang, its a first year model, no dings, perfect condition. But alas, I am a lefty. :oops: Its a fantastic guitar! I love Jag-Stangs, but should I preserve this guitars life as a righty, and pursue and left-handed model, or flip this beauty, and keep her for mine? :twisted: Keep in mind, righty's sell cheaper, and are easier to find. I got this one for $760.00, which I thought was a good price for a guitar in such good conditions, and being a first year model as well! All the lefties go for over $1000, and I dont have that money! :-(

Hello all!

Gosh, its been a while since I posted. I have quite a problem here. Currently, I own a right-handed Jag-Stang, its a first year model, no dings, perfect condition. But alas, I am a lefty. :oops: Its a fantastic guitar! I love Jag-Stangs, but should I preserve this guitars life as a righty, and pursue and left-handed model, or flip this beauty, and keep her for mine? :twisted: Keep in mind, righty's sell cheaper, and are easier to find. I got this one for $760.00, which I thought was a good price for a guitar in such good conditions, and being a first year model as well! All the lefties go for over $1000, and I dont have that money! :-(

The only time I saw a jagstang flipped was the REM video where he's playing kurts jagstang upside down..it looked ok but I personally am not too fond of the jagstang or jaguar upside down look. I'd rather a mim strat or univox hi-flyer(both are somewhat cheap too) upside down..but that problem doesn't come up often because I am right-handed. If it doesn't bother you go for it! Like I said I've only seen it that one time so it could be your signature..but honestly I think for paying $760.00 you might as well just save up for the lefty and sell that one because that's a pretty expensive guitar to flip. Have you ever considered a jaguar or mustang? Finding lefties of these might be easier and both are great guitars and would be a good sub until you find your jagstang.

The only time I saw a jagstang flipped was the REM video where he's playing kurts jagstang upside down..it looked ok but I personally am not too fond of the jagstang or jaguar upside down look. I'd rather a mim strat or univox hi-flyer(both are somewhat cheap too) upside down..but that problem doesn't come up often because I am right-handed. If it doesn't bother you go for it! Like I said I've only seen it that one time so it could be your signature..but honestly I think for paying $760.00 you might as well just save up for the lefty and sell that one because that's a pretty expensive guitar to flip. Have you ever considered a jaguar or mustang? Finding lefties of these might be easier and both are great guitars and would be a good sub until you find your jagstang.

Ive considered Mustangs and jags, theyre actually harder to find and more expensive, maybe Kurt smashed them all! :lol:

Ive considered Mustangs and jags, theyre actually harder to find and more expensive, maybe Kurt smashed them all! :lol:

Are we talking vintage or reissue here? I didn't think a lefty reissue would be too hard too find..their always going to be a little more expensive but...

I havent even been able to find lefty reissues! :sad:

And if so, theyre all over $700 dollars, which is pretty much my price ceiling :mellow:

You could always order one at a guitar center from fender and put it on lay-a-way and make payments..that's how I got my jaguar. Took me like 1 1/2 years till I finally paid it off.

• 1 month later...

I don't know about the Jag-stang but I have a friend who flips his strats (and he collects strats, so he's done this quite a bit) lefty, because he loves the look of an upside-down strat. His first one he drilled the new hole, and cracked the paint in the process, only to have the button rip right out. He prefers to buy a screw with a longer retreaded part and a strap button washer and swap it with one of the screws on the back plate. It works much better for him.

• 5 months later...

8x3jig.jpg

Just threw this together quick so everyone could judge it better. I think it's really up to you man.

The only extremely minor differences would be the headstock cut would make it feel different when you

are working at the lower frets and the body cut would make it feel different at the top and you don't

have direct access to some of the upper frets. Since you are lefty though and you can't play it as it

is, if I were you I'd definitely look into. If you know how or you know someone who can, I would get a

new nut made for it so it's filed correctly. I don't think it looks that bad and it's totally worth it

so you could at least play the thing :-cool

flipping a jagstang would suck to play.

True, but I look at it more like

"Would I rather play something even though it sucks to play

or not play it at all?"

I'd still flip it if I was that attached to that exact guitar.

If you aren't attached to that exact guitar OP, I would say

then it is wise to sell it and save money for a lefty Jag-Stang

or something lefty.