New Project

Ok guys i want to start a new guitar. I was gonna buy the new Pawn Shop Mustang but i thought that this would be more fun.

First I'm going to buy a Fiesta Red Squire Jaguar.

Then I am going to get a pearloid SH pickguard for it off of Warmoth.com

After that, I'm going to get a '65 reissue mustang pickup in the neck, and a JB pickup in the bridge.

Put a black pickup ring around the humbucker

Replace the bridge with a mustang bridge and tremelo.

Replace the pots

Put Fender Mustang/Jaguar Knobs in

Then put in a Vintage Glossy Maple Neck with Vintage tuners

If you have any suggestions please type away!

Like I said in your other thread, Warmoth JM pickguards won't fit right. Also a Jaguar/Jazzmaster trem is very different than Mustang ones. You would end up with holes in the body. :(

Well its a Squire so it doesn't have the Traditional Jazzmaster/Jaguar trem, it has a one piece kinda bridge and no trem so the mustang one will fit, right? Why wont the pickguard fit? I thought that a JM and a Jag had the same body size..

Well its a Squire so it doesn't have the Traditional Jazzmaster/Jaguar trem, it has a one piece kinda bridge and no trem so the mustang one will fit, right? Why wont the pickguard fit? I thought that a JM and a Jag had the same body size..

Warmoth pickguards are not the same size as Fender ones. (In the picture the Warmoth is on top. The holes are different, the pickup placement and toggle hole are in different spots. They even say on their site that their guards are not meant for Fender bodies. You could get a shop to make you a custom one from your original guard though.

Warning: These pickguards are ONLY meant to fit on Warmoth JaguarĀ® guitar bodies. They will NOT retrofit on to your guitar.

5991848733_e554fc2de2.jpg

DSC00660 by Hentai No Baka, on Flickr

So with your Squier, it sounds like you have a stop tail. You could put a Mustang trem, but you would need to route the body for the posts and springs like the pics below.

5519219124_bb09aeb5d4.jpg

DSC09108 by Hentai No Baka, on Flickr

6122170152_218fb2f943.jpg

IMG_1294 by Hentai No Baka, on Flickr

i think the bridge thats on a squier jag is just top mounted, not string thru, so i guess you could just fill the screwholes from the bridge n put any old bridge you like on there, and the only consideration would be body depth - ie a floyd rose (which would look silly anyway) would maybe need more body depth to get it to fit.