which single coil sized humbucker?

so im looking for a single coil sized humbucker to put in my squier strat (and i will later on move it to a fender strat). i want a sound quite different to my jaguar, so something nice and thick with power. im not looking for a specific sound really but it is meant to cover a kind of grungy, riff based style of music.

i was tihnking about either getting the seymour duncan hot rails, seymour duncan cool rails, or the dimarziotone zone s. the latter is what im leaning towards because it seems to have decent output and a lot of bass and mid (will ocmplement the thing, trebly sound of my jag nicely i tihnk). what do you tihnk?

thanks

so im looking for a single coil sized humbucker to put in my squier strat (and i will later on move it to a fender strat). i want a sound quite different to my jaguar, so something nice and thick with power. im not looking for a specific sound really but it is meant to cover a kind of grungy, riff based style of music.

i was tihnking about either getting the seymour duncan hot rails, seymour duncan cool rails, or the dimarziotone zone s. the latter is what im leaning towards because it seems to have decent output and a lot of bass and mid (will ocmplement the thing, trebly sound of my jag nicely i tihnk). what do you tihnk?

thanks

The JB jr is nice. I have one in my Strat.

• 4 weeks later...

the jb junior seems nice. what kind of tones can you get out of it? i was also thinking that further on i migt want to put th epickup from my squier strat into a fender strat. would it be ok to put it in the middle position?

Here is a video where I did a JBjr compaired to a full JB. Sorry it was out of tune a bit and the camera audio quality is kind of cruddy. My thoughts were it is a good middy pickup.

• 1 month later...

the jb junior seems nice. what kind of tones can you get out of it? i was also thinking that further on i migt want to put th epickup from my squier strat into a fender strat. would it be ok to put it in the middle position?

The sound really Bright, maybe that's just my guitar but err. they have too much output to get a nice clean sound, but they do aggressive styles of music very well but they are not the most versatile pickup (imo).