frufrukurtjimi

modern player series

not sure if this was posted yet...i posted it in this section becuase it has to do with so many guitars.

my fave are the hss tele, the jag and the jazz

http://www.fender.com/en-GB/products/modernplayer/search.php

i tihnk its good that fender are bringign out new stuff, even if it is a bit too eccentric. but at least its not the same sss strat and ss tele. as good as they are there are too many out there

I think they are all made in China. Not really elitist or anything, but I wish they were MIA or MIM.

I think they are all made in China. Not really elitist or anything, but I wish they were MIA or MIM.

so they should say squier on't head then right?!? and be like £280?

that jag is sexy tho

so they should say squier on't head then right?!? and be like £280?

that jag is sexy tho

See that's just the thing, putting a Fender name on it adds like $200

See that's just the thing, putting a Fender name on it adds like $200

yea, true. some of the new squiers play really nice too, and plenty of people have got signature squiers, so i think the stigma is fading a bit.

yea, true. some of the new squiers play really nice too, and plenty of people have got signature squiers, so i think the stigma is fading a bit.

yeah that duo-sonic is nice! the only thing i don't like is the color. i feel like it has no bold personality. it looks bland. I also like the color of the squier jag, though i prefer the jagmaster

yeah that duo-sonic is nice! the only thing i don't like is the color. i feel like it has no bold personality. it looks bland. I also like the color of the squier jag, though i prefer the jagmaster

yea its kinda like going to view a house to rent - Everything is magnolia! they should just reissue the MIM duosonic from the mid90s, but 24inch scale. theyd sell well, and end up on this site, with bits changed quite often. u mean fiesta red? i dont like it. its a colour that cant decide what it is. is it red? is it orange? is it pink? is it infected?

yea its kinda like going to view a house to rent - Everything is magnolia! they should just reissue the MIM duosonic from the mid90s, but 24inch scale. theyd sell well, and end up on this site, with bits changed quite often. u mean fiesta red? i dont like it. its a colour that cant decide what it is. is it red? is it orange? is it pink? is it infected?

I think the red would look nice with a pearloid pickguard

I think the red would look nice with a pearloid pickguard

i have to agree, im just not that keen on fiesta red. but in all the pics on this site, the fiesta jag-stangs look a bit darker. maybe my monitor is set wrong...

So if anyone is wondering how the Marauder is... It's beautiful. I pre ordered mine and got it as soon as it was shipped out from Fender. The looks are absolutely gorgeous. It plays really nice, the neck reminds me of the classic player jazzmaster neck. The neck pickup is the same as the modern player jazz. But... now the bridge pickup is pretty sweet. You can get a lot of different sounds from it. (three blade single coils in one pickup) I bought the lake placid blue one. The color is so nice with the white pearl pickguard and back plate. The overall design is neat and finally new. Fender has finally created a new shape/guitar. Yeah I know it was based off the 60's prototype but only the idea of it. There is no comparison between the 2011 marauder and the original prototype. Maybe the shape a little and the name of course but even the shape is a lot off from the original. Anyway... It's cool and different. I hope that was a good insight of the new guitar. (:

My friend has a Modern Player Jaguar.

It plays really nice and sounds great for the price.

They are made out of mahogany i believe.

I wish i could compare it to a Squier VM Jaguar but i haven't seen those in one of my nearby stores yet.