Matt Moss

Should Fender Make an Affordable Mustang?

13 members have voted

1. 1. Mexican or Chinese Mustang?

• Mexican Fender Mustang
    • Squier Mustang
    • No Cheap Production

Should Fender Make an affordable Mustang?

If they release a Squier, it would be made in China, No Upper switches, and probably wouldn't have a chrome plate. would come in Sonic Blue, Candy Apple Red, and Black and probably around $300

If they release a Mexican Fender, No upper switches, would have a chrome plate, and be in Daphne Blue, Dakota Red, and Olympic White. would be around $500

it would be nice if they did, but i cant see it happening to be honest. they couldnt make a squier, cos the trem bridge says Fender on it, so it would have to have a different bridge, say maybe a strat bridge, in which case its basically a cyclone. or they could do a hardtail squier mustang, but that would be a duosonic. so maybe they should just do that, a mid-late60s style duosonic 2, but with a toggle instead of the sliders. id buy one.

If they release a Squier, it would be made in China, No Upper switches, and probably wouldn't have a chrome plate. would come in Sonic Blue, Candy Apple Red, and Black and probably around $300

If they release a Mexican Fender, No upper switches, would have a chrome plate, and be in Daphne Blue, Dakota Red, and Olympic White. would be around $500

You have good details. How did you learn this?

it would be nice if they did, but i cant see it happening to be honest. they couldnt make a squier, cos the trem bridge says Fender on it, so it would have to have a different bridge, say maybe a strat bridge, in which case its basically a cyclone. or they could do a hardtail squier mustang, but that would be a duosonic. so maybe they should just do that, a mid-late60s style duosonic 2, but with a toggle instead of the sliders. id buy one.

The Squier J Mascis Jazzmaster have the jag/jazz trem without the fender logo.. so that shouldnt be a problem :P

The Squier J Mascis Jazzmaster have the jag/jazz trem without the fender logo.. so that shouldnt be a problem :P

yea good point. id guess that theyd use a cheap aftermarket item, rather than make some up with Squier stamped into them. but i still just cant see it happening, i think maybe the duosonic (CV series) is as wierd/shortscale/offset as squier are going to get. yes, i know they do jags n jazzs, but thats only really cos they already do the jagmaster, so they already got bodies shaped like that. if they brought back the cyclone, i think many people more would buy it, over a mustang, as i think 24inch scale is too short for most people.

anyway, i think the best thing for squier to do, would be to do a jagstang, but hardtail, and with toggle, not sliders. that would be logical, ie stripped down switching, simplified bridge. i would like to see the 3saddle bridge used on the mid 90s MIM duosonic (which was also on the 60s duosonicII) which would be logical, as a duosonicII is a really just a hardtail mustang, so using that bridge would be thematically correct. though i think they could be forgiven for using the bridge on the current squier jags n jazzs.

us lot on here could then swap it for the 6saddle toronado version if we wish, and put sexier pickups on it.

i think its fair to say most people on here would buy one, i know i would.

and not that it matters, i think KC would approve.