2012 - Fender Mustang Kurt Cobain

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I personally have no interest of ever getting an artist model of a guitar. Really weird.

he probably change them back and foward the white is a dimarzio and the black is a jeff beck humbucker so it changed them for a sound differance

No but it will matter to fender marketing, remember they released the Jag for nevermind's 20th anniversary, and that was part of their marketing with it being the guitar he played the most at that tim

The only that pisses me about this is, I just finshed building a Fiesta Red KC Mustang. I already have a Sonic Blue one that I built a few years ago. Released too soon after the Jag in my opinion. Still paying that one off! I'll look into getting one of the Sonic Blue ones if they aren't too crazy in price. All sources indicate that it will be right around a grand in the states.

The only that pisses me about this is, I just finshed building a Fiesta Red KC Mustang. I already have a Sonic Blue one that I built a few years ago. Released too soon after the Jag in my opinion. Still paying that one off! I'll look into getting one of the Sonic Blue ones if they aren't too crazy in price. All sources indicate that it will be right around a grand in the states.

HOw did you make a fiesta red one? Did you order it from warmoth?

My sonic blue Cobain Mustang arrived today. It's very sweet. I didnt thing it would be delivered until the end of February... Arh well, happy days!

awesome dude!!!! nice to see fender japan getting these out ASAP, unlike fender mexico that took 4 months to get the kurt jag out!!!!

post some pics!!

Finally unboxed mine. I like it but the set up on it is pretty bad from the factory. I see this as a guitar with lots of potential after taking it to my luthier for a professional set up and upgrades: different tuners, locking abr-1 bridge w/graph tech saddles, vintage cloth style wiring, flip/lock the tailpiece, fret job, tusk xl nut, etc. I am a huge fan of the Tonestyler so that will be going in to replace the tone pot. I have been curious abut the Shadow Kill Pot to so that might make an appearance to replace the existing volume control.

The neck is nice and slim. I have forgotten how the Mustang neck feels. Brings back memories.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't get the seymour HB on the compstang since kurt's well known blue compstang had single coils or a hotrail(?) (as seen in this video)

Bringing up a dead topic but i just seen this,. Honestly i think it's for budget reasons, because his compstang also had a matching headstock, this doesnt, an the sonic blue mustangs he was known for had white JBs and white switches, not black and black.