Mad-Mike

2012 - Fender Mustang Kurt Cobain

The Lake Placid Blue is priced the same as the others. That is really cool. Still undecided of what color I want. Never had a Sonic Blue and I love tort.

id go with fiesta red personally.

the red tort tho is super nice, too bad the kurt jag didnt come with that shade for the pickguard

The only that pisses me about this is, I just finshed building a Fiesta Red KC Mustang. I already have a Sonic Blue one that I built a few years ago. Released too soon after the Jag in my opinion. Still paying that one off! I'll look into getting one of the Sonic Blue ones if they aren't too crazy in price. All sources indicate that it will be right around a grand in the states.

The only that pisses me about this is, I just finshed building a Fiesta Red KC Mustang. I already have a Sonic Blue one that I built a few years ago. Released too soon after the Jag in my opinion. Still paying that one off! I'll look into getting one of the Sonic Blue ones if they aren't too crazy in price. All sources indicate that it will be right around a grand in the states.

HOw did you make a fiesta red one? Did you order it from warmoth?

^as you say.

And it shouldn't had a humbucker but Seymour Duncan hotrails in it as Cobain's did

and a little aging and more greenish-er...that's all I'd ask for.

(Really wanting that Sonic one as I already have a modded "yellowish" '69)

Its kind of stupid the compstang doesn't have a matching headstock

I noticed that as well, as that is the coolest one IMO... ain't that stupid?

HOw did you make a fiesta red one? Did you order it from warmoth?

Warmoth body, Mustang Special 9.5 radius neck to make it a little easier to play with the TOM.

Just placed my order for a Sonic Blue Cobain Mustang today from Musicians Friend. I got it down to $896 and I couldn't say no to it. Very excited this came out. I have been wanting one since I was 14.

The dark lake placid blue with the stripes is SWEEEEET and they are releasing left handed models... :-wow

If only they released them before xmas, it would have been perfect.

My sonic blue Cobain Mustang arrived today. It's very sweet. I didnt thing it would be delivered until the end of February... Arh well, happy days!

My sonic blue Cobain Mustang arrived today. It's very sweet. I didnt thing it would be delivered until the end of February... Arh well, happy days!

awesome dude!!!! nice to see fender japan getting these out ASAP, unlike fender mexico that took 4 months to get the kurt jag out!!!!

post some pics!!

Finally unboxed mine. I like it but the set up on it is pretty bad from the factory. I see this as a guitar with lots of potential after taking it to my luthier for a professional set up and upgrades: different tuners, locking abr-1 bridge w/graph tech saddles, vintage cloth style wiring, flip/lock the tailpiece, fret job, tusk xl nut, etc. I am a huge fan of the Tonestyler so that will be going in to replace the tone pot. I have been curious abut the Shadow Kill Pot to so that might make an appearance to replace the existing volume control.

The neck is nice and slim. I have forgotten how the Mustang neck feels. Brings back memories.

Hmm... dunno... never been a fan of artist series guitars and reissued Mustangs in general are too close in price to the vintage stuff out there. A very original 60s mustang might be, what $1500-$1700 - a modified less original one with bags of mojo could be no more than a reissue.

I don't get the seymour HB on the compstang since kurt's well known blue compstang had single coils or a hotrail(?) (as seen in this video)

Bringing up a dead topic but i just seen this,. Honestly i think it's for budget reasons, because his compstang also had a matching headstock, this doesnt, an the sonic blue mustangs he was known for had white JBs and white switches, not black and black.