Sign in to follow this  
jazzstang

2012 JAG STANG

I think people should now understand why the Jag-Stang Is shaped so oddly. Becasue the Jaguar is so much bigger than the Mustang.

the thing is, the body was really mostly a jaguar anyway, just the lower horn and the upper rump were the mustang. all the mustang stuff was the guts of the guitar.

doesnt look too strange to me (the image that is) just looks like a strat with a messed up upper bout :P

The original jagstangs do have an odd shape about them, but thats one of the things i like

the thing is, the body was really mostly a jaguar anyway, just the lower horn and the upper rump were the mustang. all the mustang stuff was the guts of the guitar.

Yes and even those componets dont 100% match the mustang. Haha.

Yes and even those componets dont 100% match the mustang. Haha.

the switches do as does the entire tremolo system, the only thing that doesnt 100% match up is the pickguard, and thats only just slightly off. but for all intents and purposes, mustang trem, mustang control plate, mustang switching system.

the switches do as does the entire tremolo system, the only thing that doesnt 100% match up is the pickguard, and thats only just slightly off. but for all intents and purposes, mustang trem, mustang control plate, mustang switching system.

I was refering more so to the Shape, like the treble horn isnt a 100% match, but the odd shape makes it even more unique.

I was refering more so to the Shape, like the treble horn isnt a 100% match, but the odd shape makes it even more unique.

I dunno, it lines up pretty good with my 69 reissue.

Ah man, this threads reminding me of a wacky experiment I tried in high school (which I wish I still had pictures of), one of the best bodies I ever build was attempting to make a JAguar body using my Jag-Stang. What I wound up with was the body for the Jaguar equivalent of those Dean Baby Z/ML/V guitars from the early 80's....basically a Mini Jaguar, all I had to do was a Jaguar style horn on the treble side and I got it dead on if not at least really close.