My Kurt Cobain Tribute CompStang

• 2 weeks later...

thanks guys!

my mom just passed away so its kinda hard to get into the prject just yet, i will post pictures as soon as i can.

Sorry to hear that, buddy. I lost my dad a few months ago unexpectedly, so I know what it's like. Just keep your head up and do small things in your daily life to honor your mother's memory, that really helped my cope with the loss. Wish you the best.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry to hear that, buddy. I lost my dad a few months ago unexpectedly, so I know what it's like. Just keep your head up and do small things in your daily life to honor your mother's memory, that really helped my cope with the loss. Wish you the best.

thanks, its been a really weurd experience so far. im sorry to hear about your dad as well.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I wanna do this exact same thing. I've always wanted one but lets face it, not got the money for a vintage one

Are you buying all the parts and just assembling it/painting it? how much is it gonna cost you to do? looks AMAZING so far. :)

where did you get the paint? its the perfect colour. And how do you make the stripes?

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

just wanted to update people that im not longer doing this project. for all that asked, i painted the body first, then applied the strips in reverse order and then put on the daphne blue.

musiKraft will make the neck you need. remember the rosewood is a veneer thin type of wood. the dots are the close together at 12th fret kind and are mother of pearl. the headstock logo is the most difficult to source. its a mustang BASS logo and just says fender.

• 3 weeks later...