Custom Full Scale Jaguar Project Finished Pg. 3

HNB

This is a great thread! I am starting another project on a warmoth basswood strat body and a squier classic vibe neck that I got for almost nothing on e-bay (if it turns out to be a dud I will find a different one, but people seem to really dig them and in any case it hasn't arrived yet) and this is super helpful.

Also, I have been pondering putting a decal on the headstock of my Jagstang, but I am worried about seeing the lines. Does that bug you at all? Or am I just being too anal?

This is a great thread! I am starting another project on a warmoth basswood strat body and a squier classic vibe neck that I got for almost nothing on e-bay (if it turns out to be a dud I will find a different one, but people seem to really dig them and in any case it hasn't arrived yet) and this is super helpful.

Also, I have been pondering putting a decal on the headstock of my Jagstang, but I am worried about seeing the lines. Does that bug you at all? Or am I just being too anal?

It doesn't bother me too much. I haven't sprayed clear on, but old vintage Fenders used to put the decal on top of the headstock instead of under the clear, so it gives it a vintage feel/look. :) It is why many old Fender's logos look worn out.

666053698_421152ff33.jpg

DSC04307-X3.jpg

I got the neck on ebay. Just searched Stratocaster neck and this one came up. :)

It doesn't bother me too much. I haven't sprayed clear on, but old vintage Fenders used to put the decal on top of the headstock instead of under the clear, so it gives it a vintage feel/look. :) It is why many old Fender's logos look worn out.

666053698_421152ff33.jpg

DSC04307-X3.jpg

I got the neck on ebay. Just searched Stratocaster neck and this one came up. :)

Right on. Thanks for the info. :) Those headstocks look really sweat. I also can't wait to see how your guitar comes out!

I took the tape off so I could clean up the paint. It looks good. I just need to wetsand it when it is dry.

6980699463_b51e9975c8.jpg

DSC03635 by Hentai No Baka, on Flickr

I had to sand the neck pocket left and right because the neck is a little wide. This meant I also had to dremel the pickguard a bit to get that to fit as well. Here it is with all the other stuff laying on it. Hopefully the bridge fits in place ok when it arrives.

6980699857_3ab73bce10.jpg

DSC03639 by Hentai No Baka, on Flickr

6834573324_ec1f6114a0.jpg

DSC03642 by Hentai No Baka, on Flickr

I saw a guy build one from scratch. I had never seen one before and I was like WTF? as he was explaining what he was doing and how it was going to end up. A few weeks later I went over there and he had it all painted up but it was like new and I still was a little turned off. Then I saw the finished version that looked just like that photo (I thought it was for a second but it's not, that one I think is a Fender Custom shop version). Man it instantly grew on me. I would love to have one.

• 2 weeks later...