Sign in to follow this  
frufrukurtjimi

New Fender Jaguarillo (official discussion thread)

Yeah, it's good to see that Fender still have some ideas left in them.

I would have preferred for the 'jaguarillo' or however they spelt it to have jag pickups instead of strat pickups but all in all a good idea

any word on what pricing will be like?

frufrukurtjimi - I'm updating the title of your post to be the main comment thread for the new Jaguarillo.

It's an interesting guitar and I hope to try one out soon!

http://www.fender.com/products/pawnshop

im liking them...theyre cool i guess. weird though

Yeah they are weird but I was looking to make a Kim Deal strat clone so this is right up my alley. She uses a '91 Strat Ultra which are out of my budget now cause they're vintage I suppose haha. I think that would sound awesome with dually Lace Red, Lace Blue, Lace Silver, and a TBX tone circuit. And it would be 24" scale which is great.

BigMuffStang, I don't know if it helps you at all, but Curtis Novak has wound Jaguar pickups for me without the metal shielding that will fit in the Jaguarillo so you could do that. Also, I'm sure the body route will fit Jaguar pickups so you could get a custom pickguard from Pickguardian that will fit Jaguar pickups with the metal shielding still intact. Just some suggestions to help out :)

Great, I'll just put in some regular Jaguar features (control plates, circuitry, Jonny Marr control plate), and I'll have a perfect HSS guitar in my collection in my favorite body shape. Just got to wait till they become used and modded.

I like it a lot but I'm always mixed on a 5 way selector switch.. If it had on/off switches it would be perfect . However I won't criticize it till I play it . I'm considering that or the Stang Special . Either way it's a Win/Win for Fender . ;-)

Does'nt anyone think that Fender are using the Jaguar name a teeny weeny bit to much ?!?

Squier Jaguar bass 3 different types

Cobain jaguar

Marr jaguar

HH jaguar

Jaguar 50 aniversary

Jaguar modern player

Jaguar blacktop

Jaguar classic player

Jaguar american vintage 62

Oh god the list could gooo on and on and on and on!!

Why can't they make something new and inspirational, a Jaguarillo! the name sounds like a stuffed monkey toy he he

I've been playing one for a few days now. I agree with the poster who said they weren't completely sold on the five-way switch. I'm pretty happy overall though. Lots of different sounds coming from this baby. One thing worth mentioning is that everything I've read says the head should just say "Fender" and nothing else, but mine says "Fender Jaguar."  :-hmmm  I'm not sure if it was just a slip up at the plant in Mexico, or some corporate decision. It plays fine, but I could see where someone who is buying one of these for collector reasons might find this unacceptable. I groused about it and got a substantial discount from the dealer, so I'm not complaining.  :wink:

One thing worth mentioning is that everything I've read says the head should just say "Fender" and nothing else, but mine says "Fender Jaguar." 

Don't know where you read that, but most photos I've seen of the guitar on sites that sell it all have "Fender Jaguar" on the headstock. It could simply be a year thing, or a color thing, some have it some don't.