Fender Japan Mustang Hollowbody

Hello, wasn't sure if anyone had posted about this as of yet, but if they did I apologize for a repeat thread. It seems that Fender Japan is releasing a custom hollowbody Mustang. Normal specs as a usual Mustang with an f-hole cutout and also a binded fretboard which looks awesome. It's available in 3 different colors: 3 Tone Suburst, Candy Apple Red, and Transparent Blue. The CAR also has a matching headstock which looks awesome with the binded fretboard. Here are the photos.

mg_ho_3ts.jpg

mg_ho_car.jpg

mg_ho_tbl.jpg

What do you guys think? It has an MSRP of about $1,500 USD.

Nice!

I love the matching headstock on the CAR. The sunburst is just as nice but that blue color doesn't appeal to me at all haha

Wow, semi-hollow Mustang must be as light as a... :rolleyes:...CV Duo-Sonic!

I like the CAR, and the trans-blue especially because of the visible woodgrain but...it really needs a matching headstock. As for the price, I might pay $600 USD but not even $700 for a new Mustang when you can get vintage for under a thousand.

Yeah I agree, I thought they were pretty nice. Hollowbody usually isn't my style but I'd be willing to try one out. And I agree, these guitars are most likely going to be $799.99 or $899.99, so I also will not be buying one, I just figured I'd show everyone in case someone was interested. :)

Yeah I agree, I thought they were pretty nice. Hollowbody usually isn't my style but I'd be willing to try one out. And I agree, these guitars are most likely going to be $799.99 or $899.99, so I also will not be buying one, I just figured I'd show everyone in case someone was interested. :)

I would say more like $1100-$1200. A 65RI is $939 . A Cobain is $1000...... These would fit the threshold just under the semihollow Jag .

I would seriously consider importing one but I'd have to thin the heard some .. Anyone in the market for a Toronado with Duncan SH-6s ? :twisted: