Did I get shafted with this purchase?

Hi all!

I'm new to this forum and very thankfull that it exists!

I have always wanted a Jag and I found one recently through a shop in NYC whilst over there on holidays. (I'm from Australia)

The US guitars are quite a rare thing over here so I was really happy that I took one back.

However.... I have no way to varify that it is infact a US model and not some imposter!!!

So my question is, is there any way to tell? I know in a lot of cases it's clearly printed somewhere on the guitar, but isn't in this case.

It was one of the reissue ones, purchased around July 2011.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

US ones should have metal shielding under the pickups and metal plates. It will also have a hole under the bridge for a neck plate. The neck should have a serial number on the neck plate and a date stamp when you take it off. The bridge should have a round hole where the tremolo arm goes in. (Japanese ones are oval.) The bridge itself with have a rounded metal ridge around the hole where the bridge height adjustment is. Pictures would help.

Thanks guys, this makes me a little more confident as the tremelo arm hole is round and after doing some more research on the serial numbers I read that reissues like mine should start with a 'V' and have 5-6 digits.

Which mine has!

I will try to get some pics up though, if nothing else but to show her off.... what a beast.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By ps___093
      I am routing it to fit Humbuckers,  (SH-4 JB Bridge Humbucker & SH-2 Jazz Model Neck Humbucker)
               changing the bridge to a Mustang one, or something better ( happy to hear any recommendations ) 
                I’ll be using CTS 1 MEG pots for volume and tone, as well as the Orange Drop Capacitor .047uf        ( hopefully this will give it a nice bright tone ? )
            will try and make the top switch a Parallel & Series switch, as well as having the coil splits on the bottom switches.. 

I’d love to hear your opinions on the materials/parts i’m planing on using, and if you have any other suggestions please let me know!

• By brendan123
      Hey All,
      Was hoping to get some insight as to what this black platform thing is under the saddle here. It looks like it goes all the way across the bridge and is slightly bigger than the bridge itself. I've only ever been exposed to the two pin style that mounts directly into the body, so I'm not sure if this is a mod or not. 
      Has anyone seen this before? Is it a factory rarity or something?
      Guitar:  Fender Jaguar, made in japan c.1993-1995ish.

• By MtotheFLo
      I have a beautiful CIJ jag with Duncan Hot Jag pickups. Unlike a lot of people, I love the rhythm circuit, with its girth, warmth, and output. I do wish I could get slightly more high end from it though, without sacrificing its other qualities; almost like if the tone knob went another 25% higher. Which mod do y’all recommend to achieve that? Thanks!
    • By Bog
      Hello!
      When i removed the bridge of my jaguar I found a surprise. how can i remove the rust without ruining the paint?
      Bo