My Jaguar Hybrid Build

I know I've been posting a lot of threads lately, but hey, theres a lot going on :razz:

I figured since my modding is nearly done, and my kc mustang is all parts so Im putting it off until I have the money, I figured Id start my custom build.

this is the wood Im using. I have no idea what it is, other than it is nearly 200 years old and used to be one solid piece (it got halved *sigh*) but its been in my garage for ages and its taking up a lot of room (its 6ft 9 height)

IMG_0702.jpg

I dont have access to a lot of tools, but theres a luthier down the street who we're good friends with and I got the wood from, so he does it for free :razz:

This is what the two pieces looked like after they were cut out. I decided that since these sides had a few worm holes and knots in, these will go on the inside out of view.

IMG_0703.jpg

The two nicest sides were sanded (i.e what Im gonna use for the front and back)

The pattern and the grain on this wood is beautiful. It has what I refer to as 'paw prints' on it and (may not be visible in the photo) fades from a beech-y colour to a dark red and out again. It will look darker once the oils are applied to the wood

IMG_0704.jpg

Its hard to get an accurate picture of the tones since it reflects the light pretty awkwardly and it appears a LOT lighter. But heres another photo of the grain and patterns

IMG_0705.jpg

Got a few designs ready so I'll put them up soon too :)