So if you know, Squier has come out with the Standard Mustang, Jaguar, and Jazzmaster. I've always wanted a Mustang or a Jag and now they are for a reasonable price. The jag is an SS version. I've always leaned towards a Jag but I'm a pretty small dude and they look too big on me also I don't know how easy it is to get a single coil humbucker in there.... What should I do? I plan on getting one of them.

Mustang: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/squier-vintage-modified-mustang-electric-guitar

Jaguar: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/squier-vintage-modified-jaguar-electric-guitar

Well I talked to my uncle who knows alot about guitars and he said he likes the jag better because of the switches. But he said if I got the stang he would help me rout out the bridge pickup to fit a humbucker. Plus I'm 5'5" and my tele looks a bit big on me

• 3 weeks later...

Id go for the jaguar. More bang for your buck.

plus it wouldnt matter as much if you destroyed it or tinkered with it a bit. My fender jag was an SS, and the single coil was suprisingly good, but not really suited for what I needed, so I routed it for a humbucker and in doing so, potentially destroyed all/any resale value (but I dont care, Im not selling :D)

If I were you, Id get the jaguar and just make it totally perfect by doing what you want with it. Theyre suprisingly good quality.

As for size, it doesnt really matter. Im kinda short-ish and it doesnt look huge, wheras my friend whos 6"6/6"7 played it and it didnt look small on him.

YOU CANT GO WRONG! :D