• Similar Content

• By Highanddry
      Hi, so I’m a wiring noob and needing some help with the wiring I have in mind. I’m upgrading both pups in my JS. In the bridge I’m putting in a Seymour Duncan P-Rails, and in the neck a Lace Chrome Dome (or DiMarzio Area 67). (Two slide switches and Tone and Vol.)
      What I want to be able to do if possible is wire the neck switch to toggle between the neck/neck+bridge(parallel)/bridge. The bridge switch I want to wire to split the p-rails, rail/humbucker(series)/p-90.
      So, what I need is a diagram if possible and some advice about the switches. I assume i’ll need two 3-way on/on/on slide switches?
      Any help is greatly appreciated.

• By RominRonin
      I ordered a Jag-Stang from Japan, I have had problems with the neck since I got it in the 90s. Since the neck doesn't fit the neck pocket perfectly, it rotates up and down very easily. This is the main reason I don't use it more often.
      I have taken my guitar to a respected guitar technician to solve the problem numerous times, unfortunately to no avail. We tried extra screws, we tried padding the neck pocket with a snug guide - these only seemed to work until the next time the guitar took a knock - which is unavoidable.
      The last thing we discussed was to set the neck (glue it in place), but we were both against this idea at the time since the irreversible nature of the procedure. I am now reconsidering this approach. As far as I can tell, I would need to cutting a groove to access the truss-rod, but is there anything else I should consider before attempting this myself?
      I mean, it's just glue right?
    • By antisyst
      No secrect that fender has been making fsr guitars for quite some time now(as far as i can rember back,....)   but look at these Beauties even the saddles are diff, and USA MADE all we get is made by the cort factory-squire edition (horrible pups by the way....can't even split the hb wouthout pullin it apart...)

Translated link:
      http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fender.jp%2Fpickup%2F1031.html&act=url

original:
      http://www.fender.jp/pickup/1031.html

EVEN COMES WITH JEFF BECK NIOSELESS CERAMICS!!!!!!!!   and this is only the cyclone.. i could only imagine what thier squiers are like..........

>= (
    • By The Jagmaster
      I'm thinking of making a Kurt Cobain 'tribute' mustang. Not because of the Cobain aspect, but because I've always wanted one and dont have the money for a vintage one or a reissue.
      I'm gonna make this Mustang out of pre made parts since I've only got enough wood for my other guitar I'm making (all hand made) and since I want it to be as accurate as possible.
      I'm going to get a premade body like this one since its the perfect colour compared to Kurt's in the EMP (wheras the current fender sig's and the japs are slightly different)
      http://s1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii523/IDanClarkI/?action=view&current=fenderbody.png
      the only problem I'm facing is the neck. I dont have access to painting and finishing tools (hey, I'm 16) and I cant find an LPB headstock ANYWHERE. So I figured I'm gonna have to see about getting one finished for me (with a special 'lefty' logo -i.e 'Fender' only-)
      I photoshoped an image of what I want it to look like here (only with white tuners of course) - KNOW ANYONE HERE WHO COULD DO THAT?
      http://s1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii523/IDanClarkI/?action=view&current=fenderneck.png
      other than that, its all gonna be AllParts stuff I guess. It may take a while since I'm dividing my time between building my custom one (Im gonna make a thread sometime soon) and because of the obvious cash flow issues since I'm modding things and making things all at the same time
      The Specs
      NECK-
      'C' shape,
      22 frets (vintage style),
      vintage ivory dots,
      7.25" radius,
      maple neck,
      rosewood fretboard
      urethane finish(or possibly non to give it that worn feel)
      1.625" nut width
      24" scale length
      white 'lefty style' fender logo
      BODY-
      alder body (mustang shape)
      lake placid blue w/competition stripe (light blue)
      urethene finish
      SS routing
      ELECTRONICS/HARDWARE-
      SS pickup configuration - standard black neck p/up and black hot rails in the bridge
      mustang sliding switches
      1 vol 1 tone (not sure of the values on his, but I'm going with 250k pots
      black mustang knobs
      chrome plate
      stumac gotoh TOM bridge
      mustang tremolo
      white mother of pearl pickguard
      vintage style white tuning pegs
      strap locks
      This may take a long time to materialise (probably wont be done by the end of the year) but I'll keep posting updates when something happens.
      I think Ive got pretty accurate specs. (its even gonna have a black EB nylon strap and .11 blue steel's ;D) lemme know if I've missed anything
      If youve done something like this, post some photos!