Kurt Cobain 69 Competition build

£300? wow thats pretty good. I may do something similar soon then. I'll see how yours works first though ;-)

I think its gonna look AWESOME by the time you're done. :P

and the domestic japanese market have OLB (lighter shade of LPB), they have standard LPB (darker) and OTM(ocean metallic turquoise) which is lighter than the others. I believe OLB and OTM are just for the domestic japanese market and arent availabe anywhere else unless you get them off of ebay or somewhere.

I was considering a japanese OLB with the headstock, but I hated the fact the logo wasnt cream/white. :( nothings ever perfect though right?

the 69 reissues were ment only for the japanese domestic market as well, but i still got one, they do import them to the US, just gotta order them from japanese companies like ishibashi.

the 69 reissues were ment only for the japanese domestic market as well, but i still got one, they do import them to the US, just gotta order them from japanese companies like ishibashi.

yeah but then you've got all the shipping and import taxes too, and at £800 just for the guitar, I couldnt justify like another £100 for shipping and around 25% of the total cost for import taxes or whatever it is.

maybe if I went on a holiday to japan sometime I'd pick one up. Plus you'd get to try it first to see if it was that good before you shell out the money on something you dont like and cant return.

yeah but then you've got all the shipping and import taxes too, and at £800 just for the guitar, I couldnt justify like another £100 for shipping and around 25% of the total cost for import taxes or whatever it is.

maybe if I went on a holiday to japan sometime I'd pick one up. Plus you'd get to try it first to see if it was that good before you shell out the money on something you dont like and cant return.

I didn't have to pay any import taxes, and it arrived faster than i was expecting. as far as the trying the guitar before you buy it, i've bought every single one of my guitars online without trying them and have never had that issue.

Yeh, I almost bought a matching headstock one a few years back. A UK seller on ebay had one imported, fitted two EMG pickups and decided it wasn't for him. It only ended up selling for £390. I really regretted not bidding later on.

for that price, I would have just done it anyway :D

been doing some thinking and searching, and I figured if you wanted a white/grey logo then a P-Bass one would be your best bet, unless you make one.

http://www.ebay.co.u...#ht_1300wt_1398

or even a strat

http://www.ebay.co.u...#ht_1315wt_1398

Those are supposed to be silver, but alot of peopel have a hard time with the metallic ink. i got someone who makes vintage correct ones for me and actually uses metallic inks. Just put strat ones on my squier strat to get the technique down for when i build my own mustang and for when my tele neck comes.

Got an exciting delivery this morning of some nice little parts! Spent this morning fitting everything and it's starting to look like a guitar now! :-grin

Everything went together nicely, however the squier pots are too large for the plate. The other problem I encountered was that the selector switches don't line up with the scratchplate screw holes. Its weird because they genuine fender items. Perhaps they are meant for the US mustang?

P1017819.jpg

I also ended up just fitting two genuine fender mustang single-coils. They were brand new and were only £12 each, so I couldn't say no. I may end up fitting the hot-rails though.

P1017821.jpg

Jobs still left to do then.......................

Get new pots or modify the plate

Sort the selector switches problem

Wire the guitar up

Fit nut

Fit string tree

Send the neck away for custom Fender logo

Maybe purchase a hot-rails

Just worked out what the problem with the switches are!!!!!!!!!! The ebay seller listed them as compatible with the Jaguar/Mustang, but I've just realised that the mustang switches have 3 positions. These are either on or off and are obviously just for the Jag!!!!!!!!!!!! Doh!

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Well, here she is. Not the best photo, but you get the idea. Couldn't source the correct logo, but was happy with the one that ended up on there.......................

securedownload.jpg

That neck....it looks exactly the same as my 98 squier affinity neck. Is that what it is?

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...