So I've had a jagstang for about a year now, and I remember when I got it, I pledged to replace the pickups. I was considering ordering a SS configuration pickguard from pickguardian.com, but first wanted to check to see if I had to route the body, or if it would drop in just like putting a single coil in a HSS strat's bridge. Does anyone have experience with this?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Highanddry
      Hi, so I’m a wiring noob and needing some help with the wiring I have in mind. I’m upgrading both pups in my JS. In the bridge I’m putting in a Seymour Duncan P-Rails, and in the neck a Lace Chrome Dome (or DiMarzio Area 67). (Two slide switches and Tone and Vol.)
      What I want to be able to do if possible is wire the neck switch to toggle between the neck/neck+bridge(parallel)/bridge. The bridge switch I want to wire to split the p-rails, rail/humbucker(series)/p-90.
      So, what I need is a diagram if possible and some advice about the switches. I assume i’ll need two 3-way on/on/on slide switches?
      Any help is greatly appreciated.

• By citizenkane
      Hi! I'm new to Jaguar, and I need some help.
      I've found Fender Jaguar special USA replacement pickups set for sale on a Polish site simmilar to craiglist.
      I'm not sure about authenticity of this pickups, and the fact that it's rather cheap makes me suspicious.
      Can anyone help me judge it's credibility just by the way it looks?

Thank's a lot in advance!

• By Degiones
      I want my SSS Strat to sound more like a jaguar as I'm lefty and can't afford a Kurt Cobain Jaguar. Any advices? 
    • By jrohlf301
      Hey guys, new here. Just wondering, I'm getting a Squier Vintage Modified Mustang at the end of the month. I'm also gonna get a Fuzz Face. I'm gonna put a TOM bridge in as well, and sand the gloss off the neck. But, should i also get a Seymour Duncan JB? Would it work with the Fuzz Face? I'm going for psychedelic stuff, like Hendrix who used single coils obviously, but I feel the single coil AND the short scale length will result in a honky tone. Thoughts?