Don't Buy Used Guitars From Amazon

Recently on amazon, I saw someone selling a used squier fat strat for $70. I thought I would get it and change all the white hardware to black. After a week, I had received all the parts, but the guitar still had not shipped. I sent the seller two messages over the next three weeks, but no replys and no guitar :( It's been a month now and I cancelled the order and am going to guitar center to get a vintage modified hss strat or a jagmaster. Lesson : don't trust amazon used sellers.

Recently on amazon, I saw someone selling a used squier fat strat for $70. I thought I would get it and change all the white hardware to black. After a week, I had received all the parts, but the guitar still had not shipped. I sent the seller two messages over the next three weeks, but no replys and no guitar :( It's been a month now and I cancelled the order and am going to guitar center to get a vintage modified hss strat or a jagmaster. Lesson : don't trust amazon used sellers.

I wouldn't say all sellers are bad, you just get the occasional jackasses....you get that on ebay too.

Ebay provides a guarantee. And most sellers have eBay records that they want to keep positive. I've bought six guitars, three of em high-end models, on eBay and have been pleased. But I talk to the sellers and do my homework.

Cheers,

Guest Moonttesa

I prefer eBay too. But you'd better go to the local used car seller, and test the car before you buy it.

My friend purchased a used car at Amazon too. You know what, he checked and saw any engine faults, then got the engine management light reset. Not done yet, the engine light still flashing all the time. He bought kinds of car repair tool, such as Mongoose which $1000 already, and spend lots to mechanic. But all he done was in vain.

So I went to guitar center, the didn't have to guitar I wanted so they special ordered it and had it shipped to my house. 3 days later a box arrived, and I opened it to find the wrong guitar. This whole thing had been one headache after another.