What is this? What's it worth?

Was in town and walked by the local pawnshop and seen this in the window. Didn't go in to inquire about but never seen something like it before. But it looked to be in great shape cosmetically.

I'd heard of Fender Bullets but this doesn't look like the ones I've seen. I'll let the pics do the talking. Mostly looking to know what it's worth and if I should go back for it.

34pl2iu.jpg

The version of the bullet you're probably used to seeing is the first one, which had sort of a telecaster type solid upper horn. This is the second version that came out in 82 that was more strat style. Whats the shop selling it for? Theres a bunch of the original tele style ones on ebay for about 700-800, and theres two of these strat style ones for about 800 as well. Originally they retailed for about what the squier affinity strats are now, about 200 bucks, but since these are old and are made in the US they command a higher price.

Yeah I figured he was over asking for it just because. Like I said, I didn't go in but I couldn't quite make out the tag.

It might've said $799 or $999. Definitely too 9s on the end, the front looked like it had to be a 7 or 9 possibly a 1 ( really doubt) or 4 (doubt).

Plus I'm lefty, so I doubt I'll go for it.

Yeah I figured he was over asking for it just because. Like I said, I didn't go in but I couldn't quite make out the tag.

It might've said $799 or $999. Definitely too 9s on the end, the front looked like it had to be a 7 or 9 possibly a 1 ( really doubt) or 4 (doubt).

Plus I'm lefty, so I doubt I'll go for it.

Believe me, i know that pain VERY well (the lefty part)

You have a sweet collection of guitars. I want a mustang and a jag-stang so bad!

The mustang i had imported over from japan a few years ago and the jagstang was a pain in the rear to find. I only ever see lefty jagstangs once in awhile and when i got mine i saw two of them, the sonic blue one was 1500 with hardshell case and was in mint condition never played. the other was a fiesta red one that had dings and was clearly used quite a bit, and they wanted 1200, so i went for the sonic blue one in.stead

I know I'm probably repeating a few things.....

1981 Fender Bullet I - They were designed to replace the Mustang and Lead Series as a student guitar (though the Lead barely qualifies). You can tell this one is an earlier one by the metal pickguard that also doubles as a base for the bridge. I think they are neat and always wanted to make a full-size modern version based on the Fender Telecaster. The only thing I see different from the norm is the knobs, which look like MXR Rackmount processor knobs.

I think the earliest ones were USA made, but later, Fender moved production to somewhere in Asia (Korea, I think), probably after they cut from CBS, so not all are American. Some people give em' a bad rap but I have never played a Bullet I did not like.

$600? Man, I remember going into the Guitar Shoppe when I was a teenager and finding these for $200-300 used every so often. Wow, times have changed.

I know I'm probably repeating a few things.....

1981 Fender Bullet I - They were designed to replace the Mustang and Lead Series as a student guitar (though the Lead barely qualifies). You can tell this one is an earlier one by the metal pickguard that also doubles as a base for the bridge. I think they are neat and always wanted to make a full-size modern version based on the Fender Telecaster. The only thing I see different from the norm is the knobs, which look like MXR Rackmount processor knobs.

I think the earliest ones were USA made, but later, Fender moved production to somewhere in Asia (Korea, I think), probably after they cut from CBS, so not all are American. Some people give em' a bad rap but I have never played a Bullet I did not like.

$600? Man, I remember going into the Guitar Shoppe when I was a teenager and finding these for $200-300 used every so often. Wow, times have changed.

what i looked up says that these strat ones are the 1982 ones that were the cheaper model, the standard had a regular bridge and seperate pickguard. brand new they went for only about 200 and are what are now the squier bullets.