Hey!

I just recently got a new Squier Vintage Modified Mustang and its a great guitar, except for the bridge. It was awful (buzzes, strings popping out, etc.) so I decided to take the bridge off of my Modern Player Jaguar, which is a tuneomatic, and put in on my mustang considering both have the same neck radius.

Well I took it off my Jag and made the posts bigger on the tuneomatic and dropped it in very easily. It is very sturdy and I dont see anything wrong, except for the action. The action is WAY too high off of the fret board. I will post pictures to see if anyone knows how I can fix this if it is even fixable. :neutral:

Maybe I should just get another bridge? I would really like to be able to just use the tuneomatic if possible.

Also I am completely new to fixing and modding my guitars by myself. I used to have a luthier do it but it got too expensive.

20aoqs8.jpg

This is the bridge on it now

2ahuy5d.jpg

This is the action

20apj49.jpg

This is the old bridge, if it helps

i used a couple small pieces of cardboard and cut it to fit into the neck pocket by the heel that way the neck sits at an angle.

I tried this and I followed instructions that I was able to find online and it didn't lower the action by that much. I used a business card because thats what people said would raise it a good enough amount. Should I try to put two business cards?

The cards are cut perfectly to fit the neck pocket

I tried this and I followed instructions that I was able to find online and it didn't lower the action by that much. I used a business card because thats what people said would raise it a good enough amount. Should I try to put two business cards?

The cards are cut perfectly to fit the neck pocket

Nah i used pieces that were alot thicker than that. Like pieces from a cardboard box.

hm......what if you put the neck from the jaguar on the jag-stang? Maybe you wouldn't have to shim the neck? You'd still get a similar feel, I'm not entirely sure it'd work though....

You'd still have to shim the neck, the dimensions of a jaguar and mustang/jagstang neck are the same.

If your stock bridge is like my 1969, you can make bushings for your original bridge posts (fills the post holes). This stops the bridge from moving back and forth and helps maintain intonation. No neck shimming required.

His issue is wanting to use the TOM, which requires the neck to be shimmed to lower the action on the higher frets.