AndrewdoesJAGUAR

So I have wanted an HH Jaguar to help give me a different sound option with my Jaguars. The main problem is there aren't a lot of HH options with a traditional tremolo in the vintage place. The CP HH has the modern placement. The Japanese HH has a stop tail. The only one really is the Cobain and I don't want a sunburst body or the obvious connection that goes with that. I have also wanted to get a black Jaguar with matching headstock. I didn't really want to rout a nice black Jaguar. I kind of wanted the guitar to be built to have humbuckers.

So... what I did was ask my favorite builder Andrewdoeshair if he might want to build me an HH Jaguar.

Lucky for me, he agreed! Here is the mock up I sent to him.

8417525182_4c6c362b8f.jpg

Jaguar by Hentai No Baka, on Flickr

I want to do a black metallic. (Sort of like Charcoal Frost) I want to have a maple neck to contrast the dark and I am thinking mint for the pickguard. All the electronics will be normal Jaguar values. I am using a black JB trembucker in the bridge and will probably pick up a '59 or something for the neck. Might do a TOM. I left that up to Andrew. I thought it would be cool to try a TOM, but would want an angled pocket so I wouldn't have to use cardboard to shim to get low action like I like.

I am really excited about this guitar. It will be well worth the wait. :)

One teaser. When I told Andrew I wanted a maple neck, he sent me this picture.

8414851911_8eb2745c38.jpg

Hello Beautiful by Hentai No Baka, on Flickr

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...