New to the site, Hello Everyone.

Hey Fender fans, I've been wanting a Jag-stang for many years now. I finally got one! I'm pretty excited about it.

I've been playing guitar for about 11 years now, didn't start till I was 21. First I bought a pawn shop unit. I'd love some info on it... It has a black Strat style body. The neck has a black pointy B.C. Rich style headstock that says 'Jaguar'... It's cheap. It worked. Then, I bought a brand new black Washburn X-series. Also cheap. Hate it.

Next was my first decent guitar. A brand new Blue Standard Stratocaster '07. I like it a lot. But it just never was quite right. It's been my baby... until now.

Being a Kurt Cobain Fan, the Jag-stang has always appealed to me. I've always looked out for them in guitar shops. But living in the middle of the prairies in Canada, I've never played one or actually even seen one until mine arrived yesterday.

I've been holding out for a '96 Sonic Blue one. Was willing to pay up to $1400 for a mint one. It just never seemed to come around.

I ended up settling for a '96 Fiesta Red. It's all original, VERY nice condition. Reason I settled for Red?.. Scored it off Ebay for $600! It has the Fender 50th Anniversary sticker and all.

A few days later, a mint '96 Sonic Blue one comes on Ebay. Damn! I bid $600 on that one too. It ended up going for $1375!!! for that price, I can live with the Red.

I threw a racing stripe on my red Jag-stang, looks cool. The worst thing about the guitar is that the pickguard has turned pretty yellow. I'm planning on replacing the pickups, so I'll just replace that at the same time.

I like how it sounds right now, but I've done my research. I actually love the way it sounds and feels. It really serves my playing style. I like the skinny fretwire, noticable difference from my Strat.

So, that's my story. I'll thank all in advance for taking the time to answer any questions I will have in the future. Good day!

i can't believe they are selling for that much these days. i remember payng 325 for mine in 99(its  96) now its completely battered and broken in, but still someone a few years ago. on here i think offered me over 800 for it.

this is when i added a devi ever 33 circuit via a jaguar control plate.

shop010.jpg

the bridge is a jeff beck, the neck pup is stock, i made the guard years ago. and the switches at the time were standard. since then i took out the devi circuit and added a 3 way toggle in place of the tone pot.

this was prior to the jag circuit mod

IMGP0341.jpg

i plan on making a volume and tone for the neck in the jag circuit area and putting a split pot in the volume on the master control plate.

• 3 weeks later...

i can't believe they are selling for that much these days. i remember payng 325 for mine in 99(its  96) now its completely battered and broken in, but still someone a few years ago. on here i think offered me over 800 for it.

I think they can still be had for a low price. I paid $500 for mine off of a Craigslist ad, and was in dead mint condition when I got it. That $500 even included a hard case. It is a Fiesta one. The blue one is great, but some of the prices are just absolutely insane. I agree, $1,500 for a guitar that MOST people end up modding the hell out of is insanity. I would much rather go buy an American Jaguar if we are talking over $1000.