Hey y'all

I have a fender jaguar special hh which have dragster pickups in. These pickups are absolute tosh so im thinking of getting some tv jones powertrons but i wanted to know

1. If they'd fit in the jaguar humbucker wholes and mount ring

2. And also if they sound good with fuzz as i play qotsa, dead weather, black keys, kinda stuff

Thanks

Well i go through a big muff, but i might change to either a pharoah fuzz by black arts or a hoof fuzz by earthquaker devices or even one of the new fuzz faces just released. But i do tend to have it on the overdrive channel, i just have the problem of geting the tight thick chords with the fuzz.

Yeah, I'm 90% sure that TV Jones makes all their pickups in various configs but almost all of them are available for humbucker route, which is what your Jag HH is. The Dragsters aren't bad, if you want more bite to them, take them out and take a razor blade to the solder and remove the covers, just don't #### up or pull too hard on the wiring. 

Not sure how a TV Jones would sound with a muff, I use a NYC muff too but don't currently have any TV Jones equipped guits. Try it though, it may sound awesome at the right settings.

As far as amp goes, I would personally go with the Orange, but the Fender Deville is a great amp as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Well i go through a big muff, but i might change to either a pharoah fuzz by black arts or a hoof fuzz by earthquaker devices or even one of the new fuzz faces just released. But i do tend to have it on the overdrive channel, i just have the problem of geting the tight thick chords with the fuzz.

Try running your overdrive channel on a really really low distortion setting, that may help.  You could also try running it through the clean channel too, just to see if you get more thickness, I think the amps distortion paired with the big muff being driven by hot buckers is taking away any note definition you have.