Help ID a vintage jaguar/jazzmaster clone

This picture(I know, crap picture, but it's all I've got) was posted on a Guitar Center listing online for a Hagstrom Super Swede. It obviously isn't that. I tried to see if they had it, but it sold and they haven't told me what it is. I've looked online for a couple hours and have found nothing. Hopefully I'm not just being a noob and completely missing something. If anybody could help me figure out what exactly it is or who made it, I would be quite grateful!

IMAG0451.jpg

Ah I see haha.Thanks, I'll take a close look at them. A few things intrigued me. I'm not really knowledgeable about pickups, but I don't think I've seen ones like this guitar's before. And no switches on the top. Oh, and the head is natural maple color with a standard fender head shape, but the name and logo were not visible due to glare >:\ lol.

Ah I see haha.Thanks, I'll take a close look at them. A few things intrigued me. I'm not really knowledgeable about pickups, but I don't think I've seen ones like this guitar's before. And no switches on the top. Oh, and the head is natural maple color with a standard fender head shape, but the name and logo were not visible due to glare >:\ lol.

The pickups are the only redeeming factor of these guitars, otherwise it's a cheap toy not a really a tool for crafting music. i had one like this it was so freaking rubbish. 

That's disappointing :\ I think the thing looks awesome when it comes to almost-jag-clones. Oh well. Thanks a lot sir, I appreciate the help!

No problem, some people like them as they do have a charm about them. I am sure you could find one on ebay or gumtree for cheap you might like them they do that low fi garage rock thing kind of well. it's depends on what your into, it's all subjective after all (for the most part).

the tiesco i got a couple weeks ago(found in a dumpster, missing parts) is amazing! i had to completely level and crown the frets and set it up and fashion a bridge out of home depot materials but its an amazing lil guitar and sounds fantastic! diff pickups, but its still a great guitar, the fretting is far superior than the newer guitars, blind fret ends and what not, the only downsides to the one i have (its a tulip model) is the pups aren't ajustable so i had to shim the neck with the neck plate just to clear the bridge pickup. and there are no side dots, the tuners are a bit on the tight side, but seeing as how they are open gear/40+ years old, its completely acceptable, and the pots and switches are completely untouched and still work just fine.

it was found in a dumpster and its still nicer than a squier bullet.

• Like 1