Sign in to follow this  
HNB

Incoming NAD Roland JC-50

Picked this up from jagajaguar.

8760582033_882cd5e42d_z.jpg

Heard good things about the JC-120 but the smaller size of the 50 was appealing to me. :)

Only thing I need to work on with it as far as I know is the switch. It has a on/on switch where the three way switch used to be.

8761705852_d561af2554_z.jpg

Here is the inside.

8761706374_c2162fc31b_z.jpg

8761706508_8cd6d36d60_z.jpg

Good news. I ordered a replacement switch. ($36 shipped. OUCH)

GREAT news. This schematic from google images shows how to wire the switch correctly.

8761723894_b0a7d22976_o.png

there is a jazz chorus amp in a local shop, and its only 250, its the 2x12 version, i was really suprised at the price, generally i see them go for more like 350. but anywho.

i was going to put a payment down on it almost immediately since i have been lusting after one for a few years but when i plugged it in and turned it on..... nothing happened, the light didn't even come on... so very very disappointed. I should have asked the lady working if she knew it was broken and thats why it was so cheap but she seems like she is pilled out all the time and is not very helpful. at all. 

I was trying to make sense of the switch wiring on the diagram and it was ultimately confusing me until I saw this switch type.

8768486167_3dd3ffd5a8_o.jpg
switch by Hentai No Baka, on Flickr

In position one it connects the top and lower middle pins. Middle connects the two inner ones. Third position does the lower two. Interesting.

Another funny fact. Roland email support emailed me today saying they don't have the switch anymore. I explained that their phone support sold me one yesterday. Their reply was that maybe phone support has a seperate stash of them. Seemed really odd. Hopefully I wasn't sold the wrong part...

Freaking Roland sent me a power switch. I am pissed at the lady I talked to on the phone when I ordered it. She asked "Is it the power switch on the far right?" I said NO, it is the switch for the Chorus and Tremolo. It is to the left of the power switch at the end of all the knobs. 

LAME. Now I need to send that back and see if they can send me the part I actually want... LOL

The amp came in. I found out one of the four speaker mounting bolts wasn't attached to anything. The baffle was broken.

8885673740_b6c6db95eb.jpg
IMG_3432 by Hentai No Baka, on Flickr

I put the three good bolts in and added wood screws in the four other holes straight in to the baffle board to make sure it was secure.

While it was apart I tested the chorus and tremolo. Using my footswitch from my VHT Special 6 I was able to turn them both on or off so I actually didn't need a new switch after all. I put the casters back on with nice screws and got it all put back together.

8885634635_65051d1a4f.jpg
IMG_3433 by Hentai No Baka, on Flickr

8886259352_5d041d6a86.jpg
IMG_3438 by Hentai No Baka, on Flickr

Oh due to my issues Roland is sending me a free Boss shirt. Nice way to say sorry, so that is cool of them.