Sign in to follow this  
Feedbacker

Experiences with Peavey Raptor

hey guys, i was wondering has anybody here ever use the Peavey Raptor? Im talking the 90's ones that look like strats. There's one on craigslist right now for only $35. It was originally 50 put i talked the guy down to 35. Is it worth it? Also, are there any recommended upgrades? 

Very solid guitars for the price, better than low end squiers imo, I really like them. New pickups, electronics other than that you should be good to go, maybe some new tuners depending on the condition of the peavey Oh and i am sure it will need a setup. 

Hey guys, I just bought it! I only paid 32 bucks, as I accidentally brought a $1 instead of a $5. The person also threw in a cable and a soft case. It plays pretty nice. Has a great neck and good finish. No cracks or anything, just has a couple of scratches. The only problem is the tuners arent great, and i might swap out the pickups for something better, but other wise its a great guitar. Definitely better than the Squier Bullet Strat i used to have. Ill upload pics soon.