watch ebay for about a month or so, you will get a general idea of what they are selling for and you may even run across so stupid good deals, like a loaded body for 150.00 bucks, and then you could easily pick up a squire jaguar or mustang neck for 100 bucks and be on your way to rockin and rollin

a lot of people on ebay think its worth 800 - 1000 ... in no way are they worth that. especially damaged .. i talked to fender today and it is rumored at the fender office that they may re release the jagstang in its original form and a squire jagstang ... but im looking to score one for around 4 - 500 

i see one at least once a month for about 400 on ebay. and on the ss.org board i have seen a few go for around 300.00

i could see squire do one since they have stepped it up, i doubt fender will re-lease another run since it would be the third time around in less than 20 years since the first issue.

some people just get all stupid about the 96 issues cuz they have the sticker on the back. someone once offered me like 800 for mine and mine is BEAT UP! of course i didn't take it, i like that guitar. but anywho. just watch, and wait.

awesome thanks for the links to these site that sell them im watching one on ebay right now .. and never heard of ss.org but ill get on there ... but as for the fender thing ... i talked to them today and they said everyone is talking about another release because they never seem to die in popularity.  they need to just release the thing and keep it out  .... sticker or no sticker its a truly amazing guitar 

shortscale.org is came out of this forum, you have to be a member over there for a while before you will be able to get into the classifieds, you  can't just sign up and get into the classifieds sections. its worth stoping over there tho, alot of knowledge around there, but its more about jaguars, jazzmasters, mustangs, and other weird guitars, not so much the jag-stang

shortscale.org is came out of this forum, you have to be a member over there for a while before you will be able to get into the classifieds, you  can't just sign up and get into the classifieds sections. its worth stoping over there tho, alot of knowledge around there, but its more about jaguars, jazzmasters, mustangs, and other weird guitars, not so much the jag-stang

well i am a fan of the mustang :) 

I wouldn't doubt Fender announcing later this year the reissue of the Jag-stang to coincide with the 20th anniversary of Kurt's death. And they will be selling for more than an original I would bet. I caught both of mine on Ebay for about a grand(about 500 each). The Fiesta Red one stays in the case, and the Sonic Blue is in pretty heavy rotation. Great guitars once they are set up properly. If you go the root of buying a parted out one, you pay quite a bit. Atleast 200 for a body usually, and 300 for a neck. Add in the hardware, you are looking at 600-700 and have to put it together yourself. 

Agreed, either they'll do it this year for the In Utero re-release, or next year for the 20th of Kurts death. I wonder if they do rerease it, if they'll actually upgrade it like they did for the jag and the mustang by putting the texas special and jb in it. About paying quite a bit for the parts, thats till less than what left handed ones go for regularly so hes still lucky.

i doubt they would stick the real deal pups in it, they may put something nicer in the bridge, i actually like the neck pup in mine, it just took about 8 years for me to figure it out.

I don't doubt they would, they already did that with the mustangs and jag, so I doubt if they were to release this as a signature one they'd skimp on that.

i still don't see them re-releasing them. don't they still make them at the japan factory? at best they would import a few thousand for a year or so, and then stop again, and thats at best. face it, the jagstang is a mutant of two off brand fenders. the jaguar and the mustang don't sell as well as the strat and tele. so from a business standpoint it would be silly to release a guitar that has failed 2 times already. they already stopped production on the k.c. didn't they? the k.c. mustang is bound to be out of production by mid 2014.

Too my knowledge when i imported my mustang from Japan years ago, they said they didn't make them at all anymore. The KC jags and mustangs have sold tons so from a business model its a huge idea, especially with the In Utero rerelease as well as the MTV Live and Loud show being released with it. If I remember right, the jag's preorders exceded fender's production so some people had to wait. As to them stopping production, not sure, but that doesn't suprise me, there are a few artist signatures they stopped making eventually and in the case of this, it bleeds interest over to the other, the whole idea of "can't get the jag? thats ok we have his mustang now". If the interest is there, and the jagstang does have a huge interest, then they'll atleast put it out there, lord knows they make up for the cost in sales of their other guitars. I just hope they make them so i can pick up a red one and put my blue 97 one away.

As far as I know, the Jag-stang has been out of production since 05'ish. The new Kurt Jag is out of production, and I don't believe they are making the Kurt Mustang anymore. Companies just bough ALOT of them thinking they were going to be as big of a hit as the Jag was. They should have waited till this year to do the Kurt Mustang. Too close together when the KC Jag was over a grand, and the KC Mustang was right at a grand.

more often then not the interest is coming from young kids without jobs, or really without too much guitar experience so it seems like a good 70 percent of the kids that end up getting a jag-stang end up selling it a year later becuz it doesn't sound how they want it to sound.

altho, fender has been suprising here of late. they are re-releasing the coronado, and the starcaster, and even doing bass versions of each, which is big feking news!